What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

That piece might be doable with just a bench vise. I like to "explore" with a pick tool (poke) when rust is coming from the inside like that. Just take your time and fuss over it!
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Tony,  that should buff out.   What is the shape and condition of the inner structure?

John

QuoteThat piece might be doable with just a bench vise. I like to "explore" with a pick tool (poke) when rust is coming from the inside like that. Just take your time and fuss over it!

By inner structure.... what inner structure?  See photos

LOL  :T)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I try to get one item an evening done or moved forward towards  'done'  on the project cars

Why I am the steel industry friend?

Monday nite it took 2 tubes to get one correct.  For roll cage brace

Tuesday nite, after 2 tubes goofed up on cutting, I gave up..  cut too short , ya know

Tonite :  Wednesday:  it took 2 tubes and I had the last one correct.

it took 6 tubes to get 2 tubes that fit correctly

In the photo, it is the short tube, not tack welded in yet.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Ahhhhh.......Practice makes perfect  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :lol:  :-}

All you need to do is "connect the dots"..... :idea:

First on the "innies"...Then on the "outies" ...... :?  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I fired up the SNOW BLOWER  tonight ! Global warming ?? I think this winter will be mother natures payback for the last few mild ones .

kb426

I started working on tanks and fenders for a 67 shovelhead for a friend. Sorry Bob and CK. He is in front of you guys. :) Updates to follow in a new thread.
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I now have the grille and front bumper on the 54 Chevy.  A simple task that has taken more than two days.  A half day was spent looking for parts that I have lost.  I would post pictures but my smart phone has updated itself again and now I can not download my pictures to the computer.  It has outsmarted me again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

BIG, JUICY Buick pics. I didn't work on this thing but have been dying to see it finished. It did not disappoint. It really knocks my socks off because I love heavy big-inch coupe-onlys. Its a '72 with a 455, oh yea.

Matt

Rrumbler

Nice "Riv".  I like the big-uns, too.

What are I doing today?  Usual stuff therapy in the AM/PM, nap, domestic duty.  Yesterday, we celebrated 52 years of wedded bliss with a steak, lobster, and champagne, then slept in this morning.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

GPster

Quote from: "Rrumbler"Nice "Riv".   Yesterday, we celebrated 52 years of wedded bliss with a steak, lobster, and champagne, then slept in this morning.
Congratulations! The 21st of this month Linda and I met 50 years ago and we have been married for 49 of them. Good mood for me to start the day with. GPster

UGLY OLDS

Hey Rumbler ..CONGRATS  :!:  8)

I like those Riv's too but where do you find someone small enough to slide in & clean the inside of that rear window  :?:  :shock:  :roll:

Try to picture that same car without the emblems & side lights .... :idea:  8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Digger

Quote from: "idrivejunk"BIG, JUICY Buick pics. I didn't work on this thing but have been dying to see it finished. It did not disappoint. It really knocks my socks off because I love heavy big-inch coupe-onlys. Its a '72 with a 455, oh yea.

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

idrivejunk

Digger I've never seen a chopped one, thats pretty cool!  8)

Bob, YES. Shave and a haircut, mmm-mmm good :wink:

For me, the only must mod would be flip breather top. B- :shock: WAAAAaaaaa!
Matt

Arnold

Quote from: "Digger"
Quote from: "idrivejunk"BIG, JUICY Buick pics. I didn't work on this thing but have been dying to see it finished. It did not disappoint. It really knocks my socks off because I love heavy big-inch coupe-onlys. Its a '72 with a 455, oh yea.
  Very nice..there are some cars that I loved..for whatever reason just never got one. This is one. Very Nice Pics Thanks

:D  :D