What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

George, I'm guessing that somebody ran into Roger at a stop or turn moment? I didn't realize you had to have 2 forties to have one run at all times. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Button and tuck door panels.  I have not seen that for some time.  I once had a seat made in that style.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Carnut"My friend Roger Linn (the guy who bought my 40 Ford) had this happen to his 40 on the way home from the Last Run in Ark City ks.

Where I hail from thats grounds for a whoopin!  :shock:  :evil:

And I'm from KS! That royally sucks but fortunately insurance adjusters don't have -ahem- figures in their computer for rods. Sock it to em.

I also can dig the vibes from that black one  :wink:
Matt

Carnut

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Button and tuck door panels.  I have not seen that for some time.  I once had a seat made in that style.

John

Heh, heh, that Button and tuck interior had been in my 40 since 1970.

Roger has vowed to keep it intact.

Now I'm off for some cataract surgery today.

sirstude

Doing a bit of work on the Olds, and getting ready for the last car show of the season tomorrow.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Arnold

The other day went to the local Halloween parade..small town..small parade. Cops have cleared off..and keep clearing people off..even the curb edges of the road..repeatedly telling little kids to get their feet OFF the road..and KEEP them off.Pretty crowded sidewalk..a few blocks..lots of cops lol.

From our end there is really crappy sound lol..speakers..from 2 blocks away :lol: Then there is a pretty deafening  roar as a bunch of the Police OPP rev up their Police Harleys and race noisily towards us the other end..slamming their brakes on and making these impossible tight circles.and manouvers..these are some seriously good riders..on some serious machines..

Then they line up 15 wide across the street..
   The 1st one is like right beside me lol..maybe 8' or so..a woman..looks like if she was speaking she would be saying boys and girls I am a police officer..then she turns the lights and siren on ok

Then in 1 ONE sort of aggressive :twisted: KICK :!: this thing..
Kick the gear lever let the clutch out fairly quickly give this bad boy a bunch of throttle..screech the tire pretty good..nice and black..only about 10' though..pretty good launch roaring down the street. Pretty loud..don't know about the legality of you or I having something this noisy :roll:

1 after the other I watched as they all did it..some were trying to get the best launch..and they knew it..others were trying to spin the tire the most :lol:

Ya..having to stand there as a bunch of expert riders do drag race starts on Police Harleys

None of them seemed to really rev these up..none really needed much throttle to really spin the tire..I was right beside them and could see how a bunch of these guys rode. Wow expert riders as they did the weaving thing at a fast enough speed.

OPP Golden Helmets. Been doing that 50 years.

I am feeling an urge for one of those bikes now :twisted:

WZ JUNK

I installed the front sheet metal on the 54 today and starting adjusting the gaps.  I wish Matt was here.  I do not handle parts not fitting very well.  I am going to get the best I can for now and then fine tune it later.  The idea is to assemble the car and then drive it a little the next month or so before I do the final bodywork and paint on the front.  Perhaps it will help me debug the car before the final assembly.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

UGLY OLDS

QuoteNow I'm off for some cataract surgery today.
[/quote]

George ... How did your eye surgery go  :?:
Everything OK  :?:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteNow I'm off for some cataract surgery today.

George ... How did your eye surgery go  :?:
Everything OK  :?:

Bob.. :wink:[/quote]

Everything seems to be ok. I can now see in 3D Stereo with depth perception.

I like you grew up with seeing with one good eye and one not so good. Managed to get license without restriction. But I've always had dual mirrors on all my rides 'just in case'.

Way back when RK came out I had it done on my 'Bad' eye and that brought it up to 20/30 from 20/400. So for awhile that was pretty good then the 'good' eye started going bad, got down to 20/70 or so and had to get license with restrictions for lenses.

Also started seeing mists, ghosts, and fog in several of my life situations and my eye doc said it was time to have cataract surgery.

Just had the good gone bad eye done. now see 20/20 with it so far. I can now see 3D stereo and have depth preception, kinda striking.

This eye was free with medicare and medigap insurance, but if I want to get the RK eye done and improve the vision it would cost a bit for a special lense due to the RK. Part of the reason I sold my 40 Ford was to get money to use for the RK deal. but now I'm considering going without it since it appears I can see pretty well now.

Guess I'll see how it goes after awhile.

heh, heh, things had gotten so bad that I have been using a handheld magnifying glass to do my computer work for the last few years.

Now I see my computer again without one.

kb426

George, my wife has had cataract surgery on both eyes. Shes good. She had lasik because her vision was too poor for RK. For the younger people who read this, steroids hasten the formulation of cataracts.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Moved the main roll cage hoop back in the 1962 Morris Minor 1000.  About 10 inches.

Now I have some leg room in this small car

Photo shows gap where I cut off the side bar from the main hoop... Main hoop moved back.

Seat in place.

The window there?  It is side rear window of 2 door car.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

idrivejunk

Hey theres a big hurdle jumped!  :D  Now all you lack is finishing.  );b(

Today was the beginning of a long short-handed spell at work. The other bodyman laid his Harley down and snapped left leg between ankle and knee. The hangy-outy, broke-both-in-two-ey kinda break. Rods, pins, plate if he messes up the external brace. I'll say two 3/16"x6" pieces of all thread in the front of your shin and leave it at that. Dadgum.

Speaking of Dad, he's far away taking shifts sitting with his withering brother. Hospitals gimme the creeps. Work is gonna be a handful.
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Rust repair needed , below the trunk lid of the Morris.

Will need to see if I can form some metal. since that is a bit too much ''patina'' for me.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"Rust repair needed , below the trunk lid of the Morris.

Will need to see if I can form some metal. since that is a bit too much ''patina'' for me.

Gee Tony ..  Just follow the step by step instructions on the other threads.  :idea: Remember ," Just  Connect the dots".. 8)

Don't forget..We need photos so Chimp can grade your work ... :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

WZ JUNK

Tony,  that should buff out.   What is the shape and condition of the inner structure?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck