What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I was playing (working) today with fiberglass.  I needed to make a cover for a fuse box that is under the hood of the 54 Chevy.  I have always wanted a gold tooth for the grille too.  So I made both. The grille tooth is two parts, one is gold the other is black.  I can use either one or both and I can change or remove them whenever I want. The grille teeth are all slightly different but I made my part universal and I can use them on any tooth.  Something just for fun.  I tried them on a friends parts car.  You have to look close, but you can see the gold tooth on the middle grille tooth on the left side of the grille (right side of the picture).  The other picture shows the old grille tooth that I used to pull the part.  After I laid the fiberglass on the grille tooth, I cover the part with bondo, and applied paint.  I think they will stand out more on my car as I have extra teeth in the grille.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

UGLY OLDS

John .. I wonder how many people will notice that & make the connection.... 8)
That is the best idea I've seen in a long time  :!:  8)  :lol:

On the other hand, those poor, lost, helpless, unguided drips that no longer have any direction.....No path to follow......No guidance in life.. They are doomed to be lost forever......:roll:  :roll:  :(

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

I'm down with a cold but it didn't keep me from frequenting my favorite Sub Sandwich shop today.

kb426

George, what makes it your favorite?
John, the gold tooth deal is funny. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I was playing (working) today with fiberglass.  I needed to make a cover for a fuse box that is under the hood of the 54 Chevy.  I have always wanted a gold tooth for the grille too.  So I made both. The grille tooth is two parts, one is gold the other is black.  I can use either one or both and I can change or remove them whenever I want. The grille teeth are all slightly different but I made my part universal and I can use them on any tooth.  Something just for fun.  I tried them on a friends parts car.  You have to look close, but you can see the gold tooth on the middle grille tooth on the left side of the grille (right side of the picture).  The other picture shows the old grille tooth that I used to pull the part.  After I laid the fiberglass on the grille tooth, I cover the part with bondo, and applied paint.  I think they will stand out more on my car as I have extra teeth in the grille.

John

I dig the gold tooth gag :ha)  Right on!
Matt

Carnut

Quote from: "kb426"George, what makes it your favorite?

Quote from: "kb426"George, what makes it your favorite?

Moe's has been my favorite sub shop for 30+ years now. I frequent the place weekly for my sustenance.

My regular order is 2ea 14" Ultimates with all the veggies, one with mayo and provolone and one with vinegar and pepper jack. Sometimes when it's cold out I'll add a 14" meatball sub.

Kinda like the 'Cheer's' theme song, it's a place where everyone knows your name. Sometimes when I dawdle in the parking lot before coming in my order is already being prepared.

The place is kinda like the biker bar of sub shops, both in employees and clientele.

They honor me by having a couple pics of my cars displayed in the place.

Margie was the original owner and operator but alass she is now suffering from kidney failure so her daughter is running the place

I have several of their t-shirts.

kb426

I'm back from the Goodland Ks fallfest. Good day, I killed a lot of grasshoppers and 1 large bird. There were blood and guts flying everywhere. I was afraid the side of the grill might be gone. Turns out he hit the top of the headlight and exploded. The 32 is cleaned up and ready for it's next trip. All the refuse sure does stink. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I went to a local car show today and didn't see anything I wanted to take a picture of. There were several GTOs which was cool.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"I'm back from the Goodland Ks fallfest. Good day, I killed a lot of grasshoppers and 1 large bird. There were blood and guts flying everywhere. I was afraid the side of the grill might be gone. Turns out he hit the top of the headlight and exploded. The 32 is cleaned up and ready for it's next trip. All the refuse sure does stink. :)

My buddy did that with a '29 Chevy coupe... THROUGH the windshield.. :shock:
The car had gone through multiple NSRA inspections & we thought that the windshield was AS-1....It turned out to be plain "plate" glass.... :roll:
Like you said ...."Messy"...... :oops:

Good that you were not hurt ....... 8)

Bob... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I'm back from the Goodland Ks fallfest. Good day, I killed a lot of grasshoppers and 1 large bird. There were blood and guts flying everywhere. I was afraid the side of the grill might be gone. Turns out he hit the top of the headlight and exploded. The 32 is cleaned up and ready for it's next trip. All the refuse sure does stink. :)

yes , birds are messy.

A white tipped dove hit my Goldwing fairing at bottom of the windshield at 50mph.... A fellow behind me said it looked like a feather bomb went off , straight up in the air.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Finally suck it up and cut most of this cage out of 1962 Morris.  9 yr old project, it will be 10 yrs in january 2017 when I started this one.

the main hoop is located in wrong place.  Too far forward, which makes all the rest of the tubes wrong too.  I have attempted changes, adjustments. All comes back to the main hoop in the wrong place.

The cage is needed to stiffen up the chassis.  main chassis is 2x 3 rectangular tube.

Jegs no longer offers a cage kit for this car.  I bought the kit from Jegs when I started this in 2007.

Likely this project is just a money pit , it will never run and  that I can not stop myself on
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Tony, I understand completely!!! :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

QuoteLikely this project is just a money pit , it will never run and  that I can not stop myself on
[/quote]

I am starting to see my house that way ... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.. :wink:

58 Yeoman

Hell, Tony, I had my Pontic since 2000 (does that make it a millenial?), and finally decided that it wasn't going to get done at this address. But, then again, your car is smaller, so it shouldn't take as much work, right? :lol:

I hate having to do things over...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil