What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

We have a little cold front today. It's 47 degrees and I'm off to the Hooker show.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I just returned from Hooker. It was too early in the day for good picture taking. Rather than show a bunch of lackluster pics, I'm just going to post pics of my friends Vicky that was just finished. It's a shame I don't have good pics of it.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Cut up a tool to build a different use for the tool?

Found  the info  on you tube, for making ridges in a round tube so the hose does not slide off easy.

I am building custom radiator hises for my 1948 Simca..  different sizes at each end.

Radiator is 1 1/4 inch.  SBC is 1 1/2 on top and 1 3/4 inch on pump side.

I bought a cheap pair of cutters at Harbor Freight.. cut them up.  First couple of tests, the pliers were making wide flat spots.  So I trimmed on the pliers till I was getting a nice raised ridge.

Still need a little trimming on the pliers, I think it will be a nice raised ridge

IF some one has a better , smoother idea.  Lets hear it please.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Crosley.In.AZ

I will whine a bit more on the USPS service... slow , fast, who knows?.

Saturday sept 10 ..  I placed a small package, an envelop #0 bubble type in the wall deposit at my local USPS office.  It was a First Class postage item

Today sept 12, it was delivered in Connecticut

Amazing service , sometimes.
Tony

GPster

This past weekend was Sternwheel Festival in Marietta and we probably had 30 private owned, pleasure boat sternwheel boats on the river s (a block from our house for their race on Sunday. That with vendors, live entertainment, fireworks and a car show had the town tied up. Two weeks ago we had our first guests since we opened up our two upstairs bedrooms for Airbnb This weekend we had two of the rooms rented to a couple of visitors for three nights and Sunday night we had those rooms rented again for a night to people traveling to a funeral. Those rooms will be full again (non paying) by the honoree of an 80th birthday open house (not our's) Linda has organized. Then the following week is Linda's 50th  HS class re-union. It's a good thing that Labor Day was early in the month. This explains why work on the Jeepster has been so slow lately. Three weeks ago I saw my eye doctor and got a new RX for glasses and today was the first time I've had time to go to get it filled. Because they're safety glasses it will take to the end of the week to get them made. Maybe then I can see the wires under the dashboard of the Jeepster. GPster

enjenjo

I made it to Ls Vegas last friday, only to discover I had forgotten the pass word to the RRT. I finally got it today. Yesterday I drove to Tulare Ca to deliver some parts to DRD57, and wandered his shop for a bit, Busy man.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Been working for a couple days on a Cub Cadet 107 that I bought last Saturday. Got some of the wiring fixed, and today pulled one of the relief valves on the hydrostatic to free it up. There are two there that you release to push the tractor forward when it's not running. Got that freed up, fixed the throttle cable, greased the front end and adjusted the steering box. Runs great, but still doesn't turn hard right. Oh well. Then, I noticed the gas tank leaking. I've mixed up some JBWeld and plastered that on. Will maybe check it tomorrow, maybe not.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

416Ford

Worked on the Torino parts car last night. It runs and has brakes. Installed the AOD kick down cable that I picked up in K-Zoo this weekend and the car shifts from park to drive.
Next step is to sturdy up the factory shifter bracket off the tranny, adjust the AOD cable and install a seat to see if the car will drive down the drive way.
We may get it on the road before snow flies yet.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote"idrivejunk"]Only worked 2.5 days this week, this is where I ended up.

Matt .. What size material is being used for these "reinforcing straps"  :?:
Are they welded on top of the original rocker panel area  :?:
It looks like the floor pan metal is "pushed up" to meet them before being spot welded.. Correct  :?:

Thanks ..
Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "416Ford"Worked on the Torino parts car last night. It runs and has brakes. Installed the AOD kick down cable that I picked up in K-Zoo this weekend and the car shifts from park to drive.
Next step is to sturdy up the factory shifter bracket off the tranny, adjust the AOD cable and install a seat to see if the car will drive down the drive way.
We may get it on the road before snow flies yet.

I happened by a 68 GT a few weeks ago..was at a dealer/garage I deal with. I wasn't a fan of the wheels,the exhaust or paint..I didn't look inside it..390 4 gear. $70K. Good memories. I had a 68.. my favourite's were some 69's that were serious sleepers on the Ford car lot near us.Bench seat,column shift..they ALL  had  basically drag pack equipped..all low 4 gears Detroit Locker's..these were some serious equipment plain Jane cars.

Crosley.In.AZ

Finished one steel tube I need to connect 2 different sizes of radiator hoses together.

Tedious work, but I formed a nice ridge on the tube ends to help retain the hose
Tony

enjenjo

That looks good Tony. I think I'll make me one.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"That floor looks too good to cover up !

Thanks  :)

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote"idrivejunk"]Only worked 2.5 days this week, this is where I ended up.

Matt .. What size material is being used for these "reinforcing straps"  :?:
Are they welded on top of the original rocker panel area  :?:
It looks like the floor pan metal is "pushed up" to meet them before being spot welded.. Correct  :?:

Thanks ..
Bob.. :wink:

Bob, I don't know. :oops:

They go between the floor and flange and are welded.

I drilled the braces for plug welds and screwed them to the floor, then pulled screws as I welded.

I am in no way responsible for the construction, only welding and sanding.

Matt

kb426

TEAM SMART