What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Thanks. I don't know what it looked like before.
Matt

idrivejunk

Heres a good looking floor  8)  :arrow:

I think those wood floor kits are classy on old trucks. Our man did a nice install. Only you guys know theres a fabbed steel floor under that.  :wink:  

Under that gas flap theres the kind of plastic gas cap that has the gas nozzle sized, spring-loaded door in the middle. So you just pop the flap up and jam the nozzle in. Nifty!

I have the 33 all bolted to the frame now and am set for the hidden hinge segment of the project. Looking forward to doing that neatly.

In other news, a guy made an offer on my purple GP this week. Perish the thought! Life without GPs? Whats that? :?:
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

I built another radiator tube for my 1948 Simca..

IF any one looks into doing this:  advice is : take it easy with the tool to create the ridge.  Go around the tube 2 or 3 times.  Press the ridge in slowly, bit by bit. Increase the height slowly , seems to work better

Also make sure to push the tube into the tool as you use it.  I found the tube was wanting to drift out of the tool and not keep the raised ridge in alignment
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Engine compartment is nearly done on the 1954 Chevy.  I need to make a cover for my main fuse box and hook up a wire to the coil tack signal to the cruise control.  I will move into the body work on the front clip next.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

When I was teaching, I would bind with padding cement,  all the scrap and left over paper at the end of the school year.  I would cut some of it into small note pads but some I would glue to squares of 1/4" tempered hardboard.  These pads would them be used as mixing boards for epoxy and body filler.  After using the paper to mix, you just tear off the top sheet.  A person can actually buy these today from body shop supply vendors.   I gave these away to most of the body shops in the area and when I retired, I laid back a supply for myself.  I lived long enough to use up all I had in stock. ( Maybe I am using more filler in my old age. )

Last week I picked up some padding cement to make new bondo boards.  I am using "Street Scene" magazine and one of the "Speedway" catalogs that I get almost every week.   They should work as well as the letter paper but I plan to test them in the next few weeks.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

Tony, once again time and patience come into play. :) John, the engine compartment is looking good.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

We got Josh married today. My camera broke, but maybe Fat cat has some pictures.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

HEY  :!:    Congrats all around ..... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Arnold

Quote from: "Crosley"Cut up a tool to build a different use for the tool?

Found  the info  on you tube, for making ridges in a round tube so the hose does not slide off easy.

I am building custom radiator hises for my 1948 Simca..  different sizes at each end.

Radiator is 1 1/4 inch.  SBC is 1 1/2 on top and 1 3/4 inch on pump side.

I bought a cheap pair of cutters at Harbor Freight.. cut them up.  First couple of tests, the pliers were making wide flat spots.  So I trimmed on the pliers till I was getting a nice raised ridge.

Still need a little trimming on the pliers, I think it will be a nice raised ridge

IF some one has a better , smoother idea.  Lets hear it please.

There used to be(maybe still are available ?) rad hose adapters..I have a bunch here somewhere. I have also used pieces of moulded hose that have different id's along the length.(I  have a few boxes of rad hoses here) What else have I used :lol: short pieces of pipe adapters,plumbing stuff. The other nite someone said they knew someone that had to buy a rad hose clamp for a Bimmer..and it was $125..because nothing else would work.
I did not see it but I think for that price I wouldda figured something else out..

Arnold

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"When I was teaching, I would bind with padding cement,  all the scrap and left over paper at the end of the school year.  I would cut some of it into small note pads but some I would glue to squares of 1/4" tempered hardboard.  These pads would them be used as mixing boards for epoxy and body filler.  After using the paper to mix, you just tear off the top sheet.  A person can actually buy these today from body shop supply vendors.   I gave these away to most of the body shops in the area and when I retired, I laid back a supply for myself.  I lived long enough to use up all I had in stock. ( Maybe I am using more filler in my old age. )

Last week I picked up some padding cement to make new bondo boards.  I am using "Street Scene" magazine and one of the "Speedway" catalogs that I get almost every week.   They should work as well as the letter paper but I plan to test them in the next few weeks.

John

Nice. I used to use windshield washer containers..cut them up. Nothing would stick to them. Nothing. Just flex them when done..all the stuff would fly off..re-use. Not no more..maybe they are more bio degradable?..resin sticks to them something fierce now..(or maybe it is a few brands plastic type) For quite a while I was using a dish..as in from a set of dishes that was goling in the trash..nothing..and I mean nothing would stick to that either. When that ended I tried another dish..(different). :lol: Pretty much whatever you put in that dish just sticks to the dish :lol:

416Ford

Took the Vickie's parts car for a test drive out to the road and back on Sunday. Working on the door panels for it and hopefully install the hood on tonight.
Hoping to take it around the block with plates and insurance this weekend.
https://goo.gl/photos/srXhJDwu1Rqe7sWb7
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"Took the Vickie's parts car for a test drive out to the road and back on Sunday. Working on the door panels for it and hopefully install the hood on tonight.
Hoping to take it around the block with plates and insurance this weekend.
https://goo.gl/photos/srXhJDwu1Rqe7sWb7

Gee .. Seems awful loud ... :?  Tires screaming in agony... :?
 What have you done  :?:  :roll:  8)  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

I was waiting for a donut in the grass. Wait that came out wrong!  :lol:

Sounds good! 8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"We got Josh married today. My camera broke, but maybe Fat cat has some pictures.

Oh you know there are many photos on the Facebook place.

You clean up well Frank.   :lol:
Tony

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"When I was teaching, I would bind with padding cement,  all the scrap and left over paper at the end of the school year.  I would cut some of it into small note pads but some I would glue to squares of 1/4" tempered hardboard.  These pads would them be used as mixing boards for epoxy and body filler.  After using the paper to mix, you just tear off the top sheet.  A person can actually buy these today from body shop supply vendors.   I gave these away to most of the body shops in the area and when I retired, I laid back a supply for myself.  I lived long enough to use up all I had in stock. ( Maybe I am using more filler in my old age. )

John

Nice. I used to use windshield washer containers..cut them up. Nothing would stick to them. Nothing. Just flex them when done..all the stuff would fly off..re-use. Not no more..maybe they are more bio degradable?..resin sticks to them something fierce now..(or maybe it is a few brands plastic type) For quite a while I was using a dish..as in from a set of dishes that was goling in the trash..nothing..and I mean nothing would stick to that either. When that ended I tried another dish..(different). :lol: Pretty much whatever you put in that dish just sticks to the dish :lol:

I found on eBay :  reducer hoses.  Mostly the silicone material.  In 90*  &  45*  angles too. You must be careful with the silicone hoses.  Not much "give" in size diameter.

The SpeedWay thermostat - filler housing I bought.  Suppose to be 1.5 inches in diameter.  It is 1.600 in diameter.  the silicone hose would not install. I found online some 1.5 inch rubber radiator hoses.  Bought one with a 90* on one end.  Fit great.

I need to take photos, post them.
Tony