What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Matt didn't look at your after pictures till now on the floor fix . Nice save ! That must have been a bear to grind !

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "idrivejunk"Did what I could with it in a day. It'll live. Theres grinding left to do.

That ''before photo'' , looks like some of my best work.

Time to re-think ,  I guess
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

The old '41 Pontiac is on its' way to its' new storage area in northern Illinois. I've cared for it for 16 years, so now it's someone else's turn to store it. He has 5 or 6 other cars, so who knows if this one will ever get done or not. No longer my problem.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

idrivejunk

Phil thats sad, but happy. That thing may float around way longer than we will so its the getting on with life thats most important. :)

Tony, you should have seen the sweat rust  :roll: Have not seen that crap on your work and hey... I did stay back with the camera a little  :wink:

CK, I am glad to know if theres poopy somebody will smell it and speak up! As I said, he just had it all in place and stopped before taking it off the frame to continue.  8)

Bob I now understand the origin of your dot fetish. You have a pet one that follows you around! No wonder. Wishing you grace in all your landings and may the dot heel. Like a good dot! :lol:

KB, you are knocking that cab work right on out :!: :shock: Way to go :D

Yesterday I replaced the dash cam in the GTP with a $40 WMart job.

http://vid1108.photobucket.com/albums/h411/66chevroldsmobuiac/otherstuff01/90316_zpsznxuzs2o.mp4

Today me went to HF with a $200 bill and hauled in a 2.5 HP, 21 gal upright compressor (+ oil, hoses, tool kit) to air up tires with at home. Tired of low tire hassles and need to move the 3-flat 72 GP. Feeling a little guilty for the splurge and wondering if you guys have any ideas for other home uses for compressed

HEY! Wait a minute, I could...  :idea:  :shock:  :D
Matt

chimp koose

Use it to clean out your furnace filter , I did that one today . Furnace has been kicking in as its already September . I have enough hose that I could use compressed air for a leaf blower if needed . I am lazy , I have enough air line at home to walk out of my back yard shop and inflate tires on the street out front . Probably enough to inflate tires across the street . I am wondering if you have a bead roller at work , as the firewall that I commented on might have had an easier bend overlap to work with if it had been done with a set of tipping dies . I made a set for our bead roller at work so I could roll the wheel opening into the rear quarter panel patches I made for my T . worked well .

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"Use it to clean out your furnace filter , I did that one today . Furnace has been kicking in as its already September . I have enough hose that I could use compressed air for a leaf blower if needed . I am lazy , I have enough air line at home to walk out of my back yard shop and inflate tires on the street out front . Probably enough to inflate tires across the street . I am wondering if you have a bead roller at work , as the firewall that I commented on might have had an easier bend overlap to work with if it had been done with a set of tipping dies . I made a set for our bead roller at work so I could roll the wheel opening into the rear quarter panel patches I made for my T . worked well .

I was kidding around, implying that maybe I could do some body shop stuff at home now. Must be catching white truck fever :wink:

The air will be handy to blow out electronics and such. Furnace went down years ago, I use small heaters and window A/C now. MUCH cheaper for a single man.

Unfortunately, all that floor and firewall stuff was partially welded to the body when I got it. However I did think to radius the corners slightly with hammer and dolly before welding. We do have a powered bead roller. The front ends of the floor pan were made with an up curve at the front which would have made a gentler radius where it meets toe board. But the rolled contours that extended into that area were a mess so I turned it into what you see. Man, its been nice to not look at that for a few days!

Got a HF air compressor yesterday and aired up the junk car's tires so I could move it with the tractor to give the yard a break-

Matt

UGLY OLDS

HEY Everybody ....Lookit that  :!:   Matt's got a car with "Brown Bottom Disease" ... :shock:  :shock:   You can even see some of its brown bottom left there in the grass  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I am spending too much time scraping & painting ..scraping & painting ...I need a break .... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"HEY Everybody ....Lookit that  :!:   Matt's got a car with "Brown Bottom Disease" ... :shock:  :shock:   You can even see some of its brown bottom left there in the grass  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I looked at it and thought WOW completely restorable.  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"HEY Everybody ....Lookit that  :!:   Matt's got a car with "Brown Bottom Disease" ... :shock:  :shock:   You can even see some of its brown bottom left there in the grass  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I looked at it and thought WOW completely restorable.  :)

We "Upper Midwest Guys" tend to see things that way ... Around here, we call that "Driver Condition"  8)  :lol:

A quick wash, wax & buff & CRUISE.... 8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

It is completely restorable, missing rear bumper assembly and title. Otherwise its all there. I suspect its a virgin 400 block so had to snag it on it's way to the scale. A car hoarder died and wife didn't know where titles were. There was also a fire in the woods where it sat so the quarters and decklid are kinda crispy. Side reflectors melted, glass is OK. I have tried to fire it up but not very hard. Turned by hand when I got it but is a little stuck now, might need a ratchet. Most importantly...

Thats my crash fenders, doors, and quarters! I'd like to use the frame, too. Its in better shape. Rust-wise its not bad and is better overall than whats under the purple on the other one.
Matt

Charlie Chops 1940

Spent the last couple days getting K-zoo sway meet stuff together. Took my 6 y.o. grandson to the local car show on Monday, then lunch and a ride in my BMW Z3M roadster which I have had for sale. Got home in the late afternoon to a message from a potential buyer. He came, looked, drove it and bought it. He took it home last night before the rain hit.

It was a great sports car and I must admit I had forgotten how much fun they are...but just a little too small for me.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Not hot rod related but the town hall political debate tonight is to be from the flight deck of the old carrier that I spent my four years in the US Navy.  I will watch just to see the old ship again.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

idrivejunk

Only worked 2.5 days this week, this is where I ended up.

Matt

kb426

I spent the evening cutting holes in the dash of the 51. I'm moving the ac controls and the vent that was under the dash. Tomorrow is the Hooker Ok. car show and Sunday will be back to work on finishing the dash.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

That floor looks too good to cover up !