What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"Frank, I put a lot of hours on mowers. The lower end has bushings instead of bearings and light gauge steel for the deck and frame. I ended up with a Walker which is really high priced. It was 1 of 2 that will shoot the grass up the middle into a collector. That allows me to mow right next to everything no matter which direction I was going. It has a travel lever so you don't have to pull on levers all the time. It has no suspension and is one rough sob. I don't know how much you mow or how rough. That would have a lot to do with the decision process. The older Deere's when they were made by Deere were very good. The new ones are just green and higher priced that the competition.

Simplicity has an all new deck this year. Fabricated from 11 ga. steel with ball bearing spindles. They seem real proud of the new Zero turn. To proud for me. The price was $600 more than a Toro, with only a two year warranty. Toro had a 4 year warranty, a fabricated deck, and a higher mowing speed. So I bought the MX5000. I mowed the lawn once with it so far, took an hour and a half.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

Sitting here looking at a new garage door in a box  :shock:

Looks like work  :?   :roll:  but I've wanted it for so many years  :D

Reckon I'll see if I can install it today.  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

purplepickup

Just had a bear on the front porch. That's where the fridge is here at the cabin. He isn't afraid of Riley's crazy barking or a couple of warning shots. He's just hanging around. He better stay away from the beer. Riley's pumped.

Adventures in Paradise  :D
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "purplepickup"Just had a bear on the front porch. That's where the fridge is here at the cabin. He isn't afraid of Riley's crazy barking or a couple of warning shots. He's just hanging around. He better stay away from the beer. Riley's pumped.

Adventures in Paradise  :D

thoughts of of a Beer Summit Meeeting with the bear,  like the President had yrs ago?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

The new look of the 974 Studebaker.  Flat black rear stabilizer and flat orange paint.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Looks good John.  

I have spent the day figuring out Oldsmobile wiring, sizes, and what panel I might use.  Still a long way to go.    Looks like it is a good thing I have a 140 amp alternator.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

At the speeds that Studebaker travels the paint will be shiny in no time !

idrivejunk

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"The new look of the 974 Studebaker.  Flat black rear stabilizer and flat orange paint.

That will work!  8)  What did you end up using?
Matt

kb426

Sanding, sanding, sanding, you get the idea. :)
TEAM SMART

sirstude

Just replaced the front outside facet.  Used the push on connectors for the first time, pretty neat.  I already had the hole in the ceiling cut out from the first time years ago.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

58 Yeoman

My Interstate Battery battery tender effed me again. I went to start the 63 Ford...completely dead. I checked the Battery Tender brand one on the 58 Chevy, and found some of the water gone out of the battery. Won't be using either one anymore. Took the Chevy for a ride and found the left front brakes aren't as good as they should be.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Carnut

I gave up battery tenders on my rides several years ago. Seemed they caused more problems than solved.

I  just use battery disconnects on all my rides now. No problems with them.

I do loose the radio settings on the electronic radios but fortunately in my area there's a station I like where they come back onto on the end of the dial.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Sanding, sanding, sanding, you get the idea. :)

Did that all day today myself. I got the  :idea:

Other stuffs-

Got the new garage door up, with some struggle-

Meanwhile I turned 50. Back at work today, I went to the other building for something...

Kinda glad I didn't draw the '34 job. This body may have sat on the ground for awhile. The rear fenders are toast, theres no rockers, old partial floor has to come out, etc.

The rockers were just fiberglass. Tank cover is glass on steel. Oboy.

Somebody brought us this to assemble. Thats all I know. It has a four link.

Matt

kb426

Matt, congrats on 50! That was the only birthday that was important to me. I don't care if I ever see rust again. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thanks! That whole living half a century thing is something I don't want to repeat, at least not in this body. :lol:  Seriously, I didn't bat an eye turning 50. 25 suprised me though, as I remember. I could not envision making it past 35 back then. Ten years isn't as long now.  :wink:  :arrow:
Matt