What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"Giving the deuce the once over for the trip to Pueblo this week end. There are bugs on the oil pan behind the r&p unit. How did that happen? :)

Curious bugs?  :lol:  They just wanted to look at the caaaarrr, maaaan!

Grasshoppers splatter everywhere.:cry: Cuz they hop!

Speaking of insect splattering, I finally got to ride in the grey Trans Am yesterday (remember?). Um,  :shock:  it rides really good! Amazing, railroad tracks and all. Its about 40" tall. Of course it is LS7 bad fast and acts a little vette-esque. Wants to rip up asphalt. But what suprised me most was how much it resembled the genuine 2nd gen new Trans Am experience. Very Trans-Ammy indeed. I grinned quite large. Thats the '73 Firebird over a roadster shop full frame with IRS, 6 speed, center exhaust, and red bird with functional shaker. I dig these over-amplified versions of the old favorites.
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "idrivejunk"The dots and louvers make it unmistakably a rodder's ride.  8)  I vote for de-badging and shiny mirrors. :idea:  :idea:  :arrow:

What he said .....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :idea:  8)  8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Giving the deuce the once over for the trip to Pueblo this week end. There are bugs on the oil pan behind the r&p unit. How did that happen? :)

That means the car is DRIVEN  :!:  
  Like the asphalt "crumbs" & mud found  on top of the starter & frame in the Ugly Olds  :shock:
( Don't ask.. :oops: )

Remember ...Some people see stone chips ...Some people see "badges of courage" & miles of smiles... 8)  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

idrivejunk

Set up Dad's old bench and vise at the shop today. Thats a big event for me. :)

Matt

58 Yeoman

In the last couple weeks, I got rid of the 5 speed trans, the 305 V8 and today sold my Hazet Assistent tool caddy. I'm actually getting some room in the shop.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

For some reason: I added more RAM to my 10 yr old laptop I use in my shop via wifi.

it had 1 gig , I increased it to 2 gig.   That is max the old Win XP laptop will function with.  Some reading shows it may operate on 3 gig, I did not want to push it.

The old machine runs better, quicker, less lock ups now.

10 dollars on a 10 yr old machine.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

nzsimon

I wanted a pony emblem the same colour as the stripes on the gt500 I have to go in the back window on the parcel shelf and I am too tight to buy one. So I cut and pasted one off the net blew it up .
Then cut one out of some 6mm alloy
I can't remember who I lent my jig saw too so cut it out with the drill press a bit messy but worked eventually, now lots of files and paint
Pic when finished
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

kb426

Leaving for Pueblo. I hope you all have a good weekend. :)
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Hooley and I are installing a new rear window in the Studebaker land speed car.  Afterwards we are off to the drag strip for a gasser meet.  I should paint the rear wing and vertical stabilizers tomorrow.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

John - can't tell you who painted them last as I lit out before paint was slung -  LOL. But I will confess to Ken and I slinging a lot of mud on them. Weight is our friend, right?

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

WZ JUNK

Hooley won the "Little Eliminator" class.  I got home at midnight.  That was the third nostalgia race he has won this year.  The Byron Meltdown is his next show.

I am working on the Studebaker.  Latest news from the salt is very optimistic that the salt will be ready for Speedweek.  We should know more in a week or so.

Currently my internet service is very poor.  If anyone needs to contact me, a phone call would be best.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

The Las Vegas clan arrived today, so I spent most of the day with them. I did go look a zero turn lawn mowers, I think I am going to get a Simplicity. Any comments?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, I put a lot of hours on mowers. The lower end has bushings instead of bearings and light gauge steel for the deck and frame. I ended up with a Walker which is really high priced. It was 1 of 2 that will shoot the grass up the middle into a collector. That allows me to mow right next to everything no matter which direction I was going. It has a travel lever so you don't have to pull on levers all the time. It has no suspension and is one rough sob. I don't know how much you mow or how rough. That would have a lot to do with the decision process. The older Deere's when they were made by Deere were very good. The new ones are just green and higher priced that the competition.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Did a little custom machine work on a friends 71 boss 351 car . His clutch actuating rod , the one that pushes on the clutch fork was a stock item that had a tiny pointy hardened tip that was already punching through the clutch fork . I took a solid pushrod from an old 390 and machined it down for a press fit into a drilled hole I put in the shaft after cutting off the hardened pointy end. Staked it in with 2 center punch marks and then welded them together and machined down the welds. Now the rod has a 3/8 ' hardened ball on the end . rod is the same length as the original . Simple fix and should work better than the factory part .

kb426

I have done some house chores and will become mister bondo again after the rain stops. The last 4 days have been wet here. Unusual but welcome. Hope everyone has a great weekend. :)
TEAM SMART