What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Arnold, good statement. The way things have changed has turned me into a collector instead of temporary owner. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Today my brothers and I started cleaning out my dad's shop. He did not throw away any thing.We found a circular saw he bought in 1954, it broke about 1980 and there were no parts available for it. He still had it. There were many stories told today, because many things there brought back memories.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

The datsun should have the s removed from the name. There are 1600 and 2000 versions. Fairlady is correct. Frank, are you trying to save stuff or going to the dump?
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"The datsun should have the s removed from the name. There are 1600 and 2000 versions. Fairlady is correct. Frank, are you trying to save stuff or going to the dump?

Some of the stuff will be saved, and kept by the family. Some is just scrap, wood, metal, ect. That will be sold, recycled, burnt. There are many hand tools that are common, worn, and rusty that will be sold in a garage sale, or scrapped.

The problem areas are paint, about 50 gallons of it, some of it dating back 50 years.All kinds, latex, lacquer, enamel, Centari, varnish, shellac, epoxy, you name it, and he has it.

The other problem is grease. He has three 100 lb. drums of chassis grease that have been setting for years, and the drums are leaking from rust. I have no idea what to do with it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

58 Yeoman

Wow Frank. You have it way worse than I did back in the 80's when I bought all the stuff from a VW that had been in the biz for many years. His widow said take it all. I found 5 gallon buckets full of broken spark plugs, junk parts, etc.  At least I didn't have to get rid of any grease or paints. He had some VW's in the back yard, that when I hooked a towbar to one, the front came with me and the rear stayed there. Luckily, there was an auto salvage yard right next door.

Hey, don't they still have rodeo's in Ohio?  Do they have greased pig contests?   You could give them the grease. LOL.

Good luck with it all.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Since june 1 , I have smashed, sprayed, killed 34 scorpions in my yard.  Gonna be a busy summer
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Day in the shop for me. Being Mister Bondo isn't  much fun . :)
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"Since june 1 , I have smashed, sprayed, killed 34 scorpions in my yard.  Gonna be a busy summer

You need to get that grease from Frank and spread it around the perimeter of your yard, Tony.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

been sick for 2 days now.  A bit of the flu it seems.  At least this morning some water and some food has stayed down.  LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

Picked up my milling machine today. .020 backlash on Y axis , less on the rest ! I am leaving it at my shop at work until I get a spot prepared for it at home . I am a happy guy !

kb426

CK, happy summer to you!
Tony, hope it's short lived!
TEAM SMART

kb426

Giving the deuce the once over for the trip to Pueblo this week end. There are bugs on the oil pan behind the r&p unit. How did that happen? :)
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Just about done with my little cruiser convertible.

Recharged the A/C today and put the big tires on the back.

Now kinda resembles my style of Hot Rod. Don't Laugh.

Anyhow 205/55r17's 25" Dia on the front and 235/65r17's 29" Dia on the back. My version of big and littles.

And yes the ABS light does come on, but so far the braking still works and doesn't seem to be affected.

Just wish I could afford to put the wheels on it I like.

kb426

Looks good, George. I see blue dots! The local sheriff said he would give me a ticket for those. One of these days, I'm going to find out. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

The dots and louvers make it unmistakably a rodder's ride.  8)  I vote for de-badging and shiny mirrors. :idea:  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt