What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Those look the same as the ford ones I am going to try . Thanks for the link

idrivejunk

Today my hands and arms hurt from drilling and stuff. I gotta get to a doc because I'm fairly certain there is some meat ripped off the bone at the base of my thumb from that wreck mess last year. Only thing I'm sure of is if I see a doc, I'll wish I hadn't! :cry:  :x  :roll:  :!:
Matt

Carnut

T-vicky talked me into having holes put in a spare hood for my 05 PT Convertible

kb426

George, I bet that added 20 hp. right now. :)
TEAM SMART

Carnut

Heh, heh, I kinda figured they would help get me at least 10 more mph top end. Plus help keep the front end from floating. at ultra high speed.

chimp koose

I heard pinstripes make a car go faster , something to do with looking more aerodynamic . Probably get better gas mileage too if that's how they work !

kb426

^^^^
I'm surprised metalflake wasn't mentioned. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Needs more NOS sticker underneath, bonus 5 HP for a total of +25 WHP.

Thats a good looking set of louvers, I want a dozen on my 99 GP  :D  :idea:

Will you be making a drip tray?
Matt

chimp koose

No KB you don't understand ! Metalflake lays at all different angles , the purpose is to confuse radar in speed traps bouncing the signal in all directions . Don't believe me ? Ask a low rider how many speeding tickets he has . Next to none !

chimp koose

UGLY OLDS

I've been told this ^^^^ only works if you apply it with a short nap roller ..... :?  :?  :roll:  :roll:

Ugly Olds painting method :  Pour on surface , distribute with mop...polish as needed after drive through car wash .... :idea:  :lol:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut

Oh, I forgot to ad the homemade K&N intake mod. This is a basic requirement for PT Cruiser modification as well as the pneumatic struts for holding the hood open.

Oh idrivejunk, no I don't plan on a drip tray under louvers, for a couple of reasons.

One, is that I have driven many years of daily drivers without hoods with no problems.

http://carnut.com/iown/cpenow.html

Two, I would think water splashing into the engine compartment is probably as much as will come thru the hood louvers.

Three, I double this PT will be driven much in the rain.

Guess I will find out how modern electronics handle water.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "Carnut"Oh, I forgot to ad the homemade K&N intake mod. This is a basic requirement for PT Cruiser modification as well as the pneumatic struts for holding the hood open.

Oh idrivejunk, no I don't plan on a drip tray under louvers, for a couple of reasons.

One, is that I have driven many years of daily drivers without hoods with no problems.

http://carnut.com/iown/cpenow.html

Two, I would think water splashing into the engine compartment is probably as much as will come thru the hood louvers.

Three, I double this PT will be driven much in the rain.

Guess I will find out how modern electronics handle water.

Cool pics of the ex-ride. I was not suggesting you should, just wondered if. Because I had a 40th anni GTP with OE hood holes and drip tray and thought it was neat how it carries the water to one spot away from electronics. The scoops on that were hokey stick ons but the tray would work with louvers instead. I'm thinking the important function (besides looks .  8)  ) is letting heat out like on that car. Your nice louvers should ventilate the engine bay real well. My friend has a PT that just sits and waits to be bought or fixed up. Blue like that hood.

Today I switched Camaros.
Matt

kb426

I had a little day trip yesterday. Went to Denver and back. 627 miles of which some is really rough. I went to see a band that one of the members is on the same guitar forum I'm on. The drummer has a woody that I wanted pics of. The Wings over Colorado museum is next door so I toured that. I took pics of atomic bombs. I hope you can read the descriptions.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Well I've been taking small steps towards getting the engine running in the Jeepster. It hasn't run since I drove the donor vehicle ('87 GMC S15 2.5L)  out of the junk yard onto a trailer and off the trailer to park it in my yard  Five (?) years ago.I pulled the spark plugs out yesterday and was pleased when I didn't have any shorts when I hooked the battery up to my revised wiring harness and even more pleased when turning the ignition key engaged the starter and the engine rolled freely with the spark plugs out. I thought I shouldn't press my luck so that's as far as I ventured with it yesterday. This afternoon  I put the plugs back in , put coolant in the radiator, put a little gas in the TBI and tried to start it. It fired on the prime so I know there is ignition but no fuel.  I couldn't hear the tank fuel pump run so I made sure the wires were connected and found that I hadn't hooked up the tank's ground wire. Tried fastening it to the body's floor brace and still got nothing. Ran a wire to the battery.s  negative (and did something that I think fried the alternator)  but still couldn't get the pump to run. Maybe it's the pump relay but it worked five years ago. The short run of the engine on prime threw of the fan belt ( or maybe the alternator was trying to motor when I burned it up)  But the fan belt diagram is up in the trusses of my garage with the radiator and it's to late in the day for me to trust my luck on a ladder and this day has probably already cost me an alternator so it's time for me to just sit in the cool house and look at my wiring diagrams. It's still a long way from driving but with it up on jack stands maybe with the engine running I can watch the driveshaft turn. GPster