What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Wife mentioned to me, it would be nice if a couple of the projects were finished before I die since she prefers not to deal with them.  LOL

It did get me thinking about my next round of clean out of the work shop.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Crosley"Wife mentioned to me, it would be nice if a couple of the projects were finished before I die since she prefers not to deal with them.  LOL

That's funny, Tony...that's just about the same thing I said to my wife. I'm getting things in order just in case something happens to me. I'm selling stuff that will probably never get used. A month ago, I sold the T5 trans that I pulled out of the 83 Trans Am, then sold the engine 2 days ago. Getting all the parts and pieces of the 41 in one place.  Too many long term projects aren't getting done.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Crosley"Wife mentioned to me, it would be nice if a couple of the projects were finished before I die since she prefers not to deal with them.  LOL

That's funny, Tony...that's just about the same thing I said to my wife. I'm getting things in order just in case something happens to me. I'm selling stuff that will probably never get used. A month ago, I sold the T5 trans that I pulled out of the 83 Trans Am, then sold the engine 2 days ago. Getting all the parts and pieces of the 41 in one place.  Too many long term projects aren't getting done.

Wife & I had a discussion on my tools. She does not understand why I worry about where my tools go , after I die.  "Why worry about that?" is her question.  I worry more about my tools than the projects

Our son has zero interest in automotive stuff regards to working on them. Cars are a toss away device, use them, replace them. He has not owned a vehicle in about 3 yrs. His  job history is unstable at best.  So.... he has no place for the amount of tools I have.  My grandson is only 9 and is the same situation  for home life. Unstable, moves often.  My son and his wife split up 1.5 yrs ago.

I guess:  at the end of the day.  It does not matter. LOL ,   I will need to pick a point in my life and sell all this stuff.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

A few months ago my son & his family visited ..  We were walking through the garage to get some kind of tool or another & I said " Just think Kid , someday this will all be yours " .....His loving wife didn't hesitate & said : " Start selling it now " ......  :?  :roll:

Maybe I should make an instruction book for the Model A project :?:  :idea:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

I have heard rummers of the Model A for years but I have never seen a picture of it Bob. As I read these posts I am thinking of my wife asking were something is in the garage.
You guys may want to make a map to where the parts are rather then an assembly manual. :)
Assembly manuals are still available Bob. :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Rrumbler

It sounds like many of us are in the same boat when it comes to tool, projects and such.  I get "the lecture" from time to time, myself, and in a way, I understand where she is coming from; that's probably why I haven't gotten rid of a lot of stuff already, and I know what it is - she has no idea, other than it's stuff she doesn't know anything about and has no real interest in other than it's potential monetary value, and dealing with disposal after I sail off into the ether will be pure hassle for her.

I gotta get to work on that.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

I decided to tackle the "left over parts " syndrome about 10 years ago. I put 10 items a week on ebay. In a period of time, I sold all the small stuff left over from the race cars and former projects. I have kept it thinned out since then, going to the dumpster has been done sometimes. Some time ago, I told my wife I had made a tool list to give to the auctioneer and the other stuff was all vehicles. My wife is quick sometimes. She says " could you hire the auctioneer before you go?"  I laughed about that and have a story to tell now. :) If we are caring about the mess we leave behind, how much should we take care off? I've been involved in some deals that weren't that good so I don't intend to leave a mess. I may find out I'm full of dodo. :)
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I was thinking about this today. I have 14 tool boxes, all full of tools. That doesn't include power tools or Air tools. Or the Mill, or the Lathe, or the Iron worker, or any of the welders, and so on and so on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, are you looking to adopt someone?  :lol:  :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"I have heard rummers of the Model A for years but I have never seen a picture of it Bob. As I read these posts I am thinking of my wife asking were something is in the garage.
You guys may want to make a map to where the parts are rather then an assembly manual. :)
Assembly manuals are still available Bob. :)

You have not seen pictures of the A as the last photos we took were with a Polaroid "one step" ..  :roll:
The parts location part is easy-peasy::
 The chassis in progress is on one side of the shop .. (Very handy for storing "stuff" on .. :idea: )

The body is on a cart sideways in the front of the same stall as the chassis ..
( VERY handy to store "stuff" in ) ... :idea:

The bits & pieces, sheet metal collection ,etc. are stored in the attic ..( Does attic heat hurt fiberglass fenders ..:?:  They have been in the attic since 1981.. :oops:  )  They should be "cured" by now..Ya Think  :?:  :roll:

The engine is in the corner , ( Also handy to pile "stuff" on ) ..  :idea: The trans is wrapped up & stashed under the bench by the iron pile ...
The real expensive shiney stuff & new engine parts , wiring harnesses & PCM are safe & sound in the bedroom closet ..
( Except for the bigger parts that are under the bed :oops: )

See ...All present & accounted for ..... :?  8)  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:

416Ford

[quote="UGLY OLDS"

Bob.... :wink:[/quote]

Interior.....
Glass
Bolts, those are always hard to find the one that goes in the dohicky.
What is a PCM? I thought you were building a Model A.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

idrivejunk

I've got it easy... I am the very tip of this branch of my family tree. Every sacred family tool I accumulate will never have any value to anyone but me. Theres nobody to pass it to. All junk anyway.

Now who needs Pontiac stuffs :?:  :lol:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "416Ford"[quote="UGLY OLDS"

Bob.... :wink:

Interior.....
Glass
Bolts, those are always hard to find the one that goes in the dohicky.
What is a PCM? I thought you were building a Model A.
[/quote]

The seats are in the attic complete with flipping/folding tracks on the passenger seat ... There is no back seat planned ....( The plan is for a "comfortable" seating arrangement...Me,Cathy & a small cooler ...)
Tinted glass is in the closet wrapped in 1983 newspaper along with the new windshield frame with glass already installed ...
 A supply of hardware is in stock along with all the special "Ford Only" stuff purchased back in the 80's....
If the "do-hicky" becomes an issue, it can be changed..  :shock:  8)  :lol:

The PCM is needed to operate the 26 year old GM TPI intake system the car will receive ...None of that modern stuff for me  :!:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

WZ JUNK

Time to wake up the "Sleeping Giant".  Hooley brought me the "Just Glad to be Here" 1953 Studebaker land speed car today.  I will be the crew chief this year.  During its stay at my place I plan to build a bubble for the air intake on the hood and give the car an Earl Schibe paint job.

We are keeping our fingers crossed that Bonneville will happen.  Hooley has entered the car and we have made our motel reservations.

I will post to the sticky at the top of the page as we make the updates to the car and prepare for our trip to the salt.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

papastoyss

Quote from: "enjenjo"I was thinking about this today. I have 14 tool boxes, all full of tools. That doesn't include power tools or Air tools. Or the Mill, or the Lathe, or the Iron worker, or any of the welders, and so on and so on.
My son, looking at our collectables & my antique toy collection- "Boy, there's going to be a helluva auction here someday." He's a gearhead too, so I know my tools & equipment will go to a good home.His son will get my Snap On boxes & all my metric tools I worked with for 45 yrs.  He's 19 now so he's more interested in 2 legged things at the present!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!