What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

Floor panels are ready for por15 tomorrow morning before work.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: WZ JUNKMy wife and I each drove our 1954 Chevy that we have owned for 14 years.  It was the first time it has been driveable since we bought it in 2002.
QuoteIt is amazing what you can get done if you stick with it.

Does this mean there is still hope for my Model A   :?:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Does this mean there is still hope for my Model A   :?:

Bob.. :wink:

That's a good one Bob.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Crosley.In.AZ

we have a 6 yr old trans in the shop, on the dyno. testing for leaks over the long weekend.

700r4 trans has a cheap China aluminum pan on it , with other DIY repairs for leaks.  Customer has each leak marked with an arrow, which also points at large amount of sillycone.  Of course: warranty has been brought up since the "trans has leaked since day 1" , yet never a call from the customer to us.

should be interesting tuesday back at work.  :roll:

when do i retire? I forgot
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Quote from: "Crosley"we have a 6 yr old trans in the shop, on the dyno. testing for leaks over the long weekend.

700r4 trans has a cheap China aluminum pan on it , with other DIY repairs for leaks.  Customer has each leak marked with an arrow, which also points at large amount of sillycone.  Of course: warranty has been brought up since the "trans has leaked since day 1" , yet never a call from the customer to us.

I fell your pain, I worked on peoples cars/trucks 45 yrs for a living.I've always said the world would be a much nicer  place if everyone had to deal w/the public for a few years of their working life!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"we have a 6 yr old trans in the shop, on the dyno. testing for leaks over the long weekend.

But I sealed it with bath tub caulk, it can't be my repair.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Josh and I went to his father in laws house, and picked up his dad's 48 Chevy 4 door. It went there for a few weeks a year ago. Now frank has to clear out a spot for it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I made the trek to Garden City for Memorial Day services again. Had lunch and returned to do a walk through of the local cemetery. I moved the sheet metal roller from storage into the shop. I'm going to tinker with a repair panel for my pityfull hood some.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

QuoteI moved the sheet metal roller from storage into the shop. I'm going to tinker with a repair panel for my pityfull hood some.[/quote

Dont forget to post pictures ...That way idrivejunk can review your work & Chimp can grade you accordingly .... :lol:  :lol:  :P

After seeing the work you did on the rest of the truck, I don't think the hood is going to look bad ..... 8)

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Geez, Bob! Are you trying to create some stress? I made a phone call today. There are still people predicting that the repo steel hood will be available in a month or two. No one has an estimate on price. From what I see, I think a grand is a reasonable expectation. I don't want to do that too much. There is one glass hood that is available for $550 plus around $150 for shipping. I guess if I mess up the 2nd repair, one of those options will look better. I watch ebay all the time and most hoods have more damage than I'm willing to tackle.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Oh crap I think I said on your thread how they are like $550 new... but I was looking at the wrong internet. Hmm. I'll have to give your thread a retro-review :wink: and get up to speed. Sorry for being nonsensical, it happens. :shock: :lol:

I'd be glad to handle it at the shop :D

Kidding, You can do eet. 8)
Matt

WZ JUNK

I bought a couple of led lights that were probably made for external lighting on large trucks and mounted these lights underneath the 54 Chevy pointing down and towards the back.  The lights and the housings are not visible from behind the car but they light up the ground.  I think they will work fine for my backup lights.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

39deluxe

They look pretty effective.

Tom

kb426

Looks good, John.
The right side window in the 51 has ceased to work properly. I took the panel off and saw that the window channel had come loose and stuck to the window. After 2 hours off persuasion, I removed the window and channel. The metal channel on the bottom of the window had slid sideways and got into the channel. What I don't know is: did the window sticking cause the track to slid sideways or did the track slid sideways first and cause the problem? Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have new window channel to put this back together tomorrow. You'd think that no more parts are in a window that you could get it right the first time.  :oops:
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "kb426"Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have new window channel to put this back together tomorrow. You'd think that no more parts are in a window that you could get it right the first time.  :oops:

Make sure you have just enough clearance, not to loose, not to tight all the way up and down.  I have rubbed some candle wax on the glass edge to make it slide a little better.  I bet it will stay this time.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH