What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

My wife and I went to the Stray Kat show at Dewey, OK.  Always interesting.   Saw Denise and we had a short visit.  There are lots of car shows this time of year.  This evening I went to the town square where I live, and it was full of cars.  A lot of them had been to two other local shows today.   How much fun can you have in one day?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

I FINALLY got back to work on the T today . Welded in the firewall , fixed up some rusted out areas on the body sub frame and welded plugs into areas that will be exposed to elements .Ground down all of the weld repair areas and am now just about ready to clean , prep  and por15 the sub frame underneath and then on top . I have made floor panels that will rivet onto the sub frame like the originals but on a ledge that is higher than the stock floor pans . Tomorrow I will probably make some sort of brace to tie in the recessed firewall to the sub rails and the old gas tank mounts as I want to do an under cowl master cyl if possible. I got more done today than I have in the last 6 months.

UGLY OLDS

Photos ...We like to see photos ..... 8)  
Besides ...Matt needs to see how much you've learned so as to adjust your final grade .. :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

chimp koose

I have not started any bodywork yet . I will save that for the bitter end . Maybe I should just build a rat rod.

idrivejunk

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Photos ...We like to see photos ..... 8)  

This. The guts are whats important, bodywork be damned. Though my job is beautification, I really enjoy seeing things that work good more. Your project sounds interesting and we are glad you've found some momentum. Keep swinging at it.  8)
Matt

Crosley.In.AZ

Rolled the first firewall panel for my 1948 Simca gasser type car. A raised area in the panel. Looks better, less wiggle in the panel.

Glen was kind enough to loan me his lectric powered bead roller machine.  I have been practicing on it.  Glen warned me about lining up the start and stop points.. He said plan ahead.  Very good advice.

I added a light onto the roller.  Besides my hearing going away, my eyes need more , better light for detail work.  An age thing the doctors tell me.

The flashlite pointed at the rollers , worked well.  The panel I made is not perfect, I am happy with it
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

It look great threw my eyes. :) An age thing the doctors tell me.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

The panel looks good Tony ... 8)
Are you sure that you borrowed that roller from "our" Glen  :?:
Reason is , I think that I see dust on the bottom part leg thing ..... :shock:  :?

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

Looks good, Tony. Has to be better than it was. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Bead roller is HARD. That firewall looks FINE!  :D  Hope it was fun, Tony :!: 8)

Today I found out my beloved GTP's tires are discontinued. Blew one yesterday... and you all know the scenario. Fudge. Ran over something and ruined a still-fresh tire. I've bought ten of them that kind and never gotten to use one up because they get destroyed by wrecks and mystery stuff in the road.

Matt

idrivejunk

Much more interesting... theres a couple Mustangs in progress at the shop :arrow:

Matt

chimp koose

spent a little time on the T today. got out the torch and heated /hammered in a lower door sill edge that was ballooned out from a jack pushing up on it. Then I went after sealing up the bottom of the body sub rails where they meet the firewall . there was a large void there that would have allowed water into the cowl area . I had walked away from it once before as it was a simple problem that I was over thinking .I now have it licked with a much simpler filler panel than I had first thought of . I will weld it up tomorrow .THEN I will be ready for the por 15. We have a car show every year at our school and I use it as a benchmark date to gage my yearly progress . This year I have mounted my own version of a unisteer , panhard rod and fabricated lower shock mounts for the coilovers on my front axle as well as snaking my steering up past shorty headers on a frame that is 19" wide on the inside . The coilover mounts were machined out of 2 chunks of 3" x2" x2" solid metal .I hope to have my floors installed before the show as they are already made and bead rolled .We show off any shop projects done or not and invite others to roll out their projects in the works as well as finished cars , bikes etc.The show raises money to help send our students to the Saskatchewan trade skills competition each year.

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^    We gotta send Chimp a Kodak..... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

kb426

TEAM SMART

GPster

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"^^^^^^^^    We gotta send Chimp a Kodak..... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:
Or a kid with a cell phone from one of his classes looking for extra credit. GPster