What are you doing today 2016?

Started by enjenjo, December 30, 2015, 07:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58 Yeoman

Looks pretty good, Tony...weld it in and call it a day. :lol:

We cut down and shredded our last pine tree this afternoon. Pines are a pita to shred, too many needles.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

chimp koose

worked on the T again . that's 2 days in a row , new record for this year!Degreased and metal prepped so ready to por15 the bottom of the sub rails.

idrivejunk

:0-0  :b-d:  :P>  :idea:  :!:  

Whoops on the fire :roll: :cry:

Now we know why fire  8)  walls are cool  :lol:

I bet my Dad would like a slow ride in that '54  :)

Wow, you guys work on stuff that actually goes fast! Envy :arrow:  :mrgreen: :shock:

I say  );b( to all of it :!:
Matt

idrivejunk

Quote from: "chimp koose"worked on the T again . that's 2 days in a row , new record for this year!Degreased and metal prepped so ready to por15 the bottom of the sub rails.

What got into you?  :-o   Is it banana season?  :?:

Hope you didn't get much on ya. Tell us about the metal prep and how much flake did you put in the POR? Or did you dust it on top with a flocking gun? Trying to form a mental picture :shock: :lol:
Matt

chimp koose

Bottom of the sub rails , so no to the flake . I think when I finally paint the mini chopper I will get stupid with the flake . I was going to paint the chopper school colours but I am thinking black and gold will not be enough to get the freak on . Second coat of por 15 is calling me back to the shop . Bye for now.

chimp koose

Second coat done , silver and I don't think I like it much . The finger tips of my gloves broke open and I had it all over my hands , frantic scrubbing with a green scotch bright pad and all is well. I will probably undercoat the car so the silver will not matter , might help to make sure I see spots that I miss with the undercoat.

sirstude

I had left another load of branches in my dirt driveway from Sunday.  Been raining since.  I took some stuff out to the garage last evening and the branches were all gone and someone had run a Bobcat or the like over my driveway and smoothed most of it out.  I am guessing the city, but really don't have any idea who my "friend" is.  Sure a nice surprise.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

UGLY OLDS

Neat surprise for sure ... 8)   Are you guys affected by the wild fires up in that area  :?:  :?:
They seem to be getting smaller ...( Or the national news has bigger fish to fry )   :roll:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

sirstude

Nowhere near the fires, lots of smoke though.  Canada is 200 miles north and the fires are above Calgary I think.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

chimp koose

Fires are 4 hours north of Edmonton which is 2 hours north of Calgary . Almost 90,000 people evacuated for that one .

Crosley.In.AZ

Farting with my metal shear tool.  HF copy of beverly shear.

The bed of the shear, was rough.  I decided to use my high speed grinder with a 3M  scuff disc to smooth it out.

The dang thing has been bondo'd already to smooth out the crappy casting.  Smelled like bondo, cut like bondo. it is bondo. LOL
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

416Ford

Installed the inner fenders, coil and fenders on Vance's Chevy II. Looking forward to newest member of the family rolling into the garage tomorrow. Still keeping that one on the down low. :)
https://goo.gl/photos/P34R9MJNRJr1C1zp8
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Dave , the wheel dolly's in the photo...Are those home-made ??  They almost look like the HF dolly's that are always on sale ...If so, are they strong enough to do the job ???
The Nova looks good ....I always liked the 66/67 body style .... 8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

416Ford

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Dave , the wheel dolly's in the photo...Are those home-made ??  They almost look like the HF dolly's that are always on sale ...If so, are they strong enough to do the job ???
The Nova looks good ....I always liked the 66/67 body style .... 8)

Bob..... :wink:

HF dolly's and they work great in my garage on the smooth cement. I don't use them to much on the center of the garage where it is textured but they do roll nice. I usually put the street rod on them in the winter so I can move it out of the way.

The Nova looks good ....
Don't tell Vance that... :) it NOT a Nova, it's a Chevy II. No Nova badges on that car.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

Digger

Quote from: "Crosley"Farting with my metal shear tool.  HF copy of beverly shear.

The bed of the shear, was rough.  I decided to use my high speed grinder with a 3M  scuff disc to smooth it out.

The dang thing has been bondo'd already to smooth out the crappy casting.  Smelled like bondo, cut like bondo. it is bondo. LOL

I bought a vise like that about ten yrs. ago from a large tool company, the first time I put something in it and hammered on it pieces started falling out--lots of bondo! A couple years later the threads in the casting gave up. They would not warranty it-said it had been abused.
this was not from HF but from one of the big mobile tool companies. :roll:
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger