1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Very good. I love progress! :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Latest update. The car is ready for the mobile blast man. Firewall is done. Cowl vent is filled. Strange holes found in both doors after stripping an E coat.

Don Colliau

moose

Looking good Don. Please let us know how you like the mobile stripping job!

moose

chimp koose

348tripower

Thanks for the thumbs up gang. :D Now for a report on the stripping. Dustless it is. No warping. Really messy. You will see from the last picture all the glass and paint I pushed out in the driveway off of the cement. It will disappear sometime. I liked the job. Did the body dash and rear fenders. I just got done priming. started getting ready at 6am. $600.00 for the job.

Don Colliau

moose

Does it only remove the paint or does it also remove rust?

Tim

348tripower

Rust too :) The media is ground up glass bottles. There is also an additive in the water to help it flash of and not rust for 72 hrs.
Don Colliau

kb426

600 sounds very reasonable to me. If I had that option, I'd throw the blaster in the dumpster. Way to go, Don.
TEAM SMART

grazza

Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

grazza

Interesting to note the Blaster was not wearing any form of respirator? Looks like a great job all the same.
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

348tripower

Quote from: "grazza"Interesting to note the Blaster was not wearing any form of respirator? Looks like a great job all the same.

The process is dustless because water is the carrier for the abrasive.
Don Colliau

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "348tripower"Rust too :) The media is ground up glass bottles. There is also an additive in the water to help it flash of and not rust for 72 hrs.

It looks good, Don!

Any idea what that additive is?

Did you have to use any type of solvent to prep before priming?

Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

348tripower

The additive is HoldTite 102. I should add that clean up after the blasting is a lot of work. I found places in the car that still had media and water. I have blown this out twice. Vacuumed once. I am going to blow it all out again just to be sure its all clean. Her are two more pictures sitting outside.

Don Colliau

348tripower

Update! Fixed the holes in the doors filled the cowl patch and the left rear quarter.

Don Colliau

kb426

TEAM SMART