1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

OOHH!!! Don, I don't have any advise. I feel for you. As I remember, you only have 30 days to file a claim. If you can find a phone number to call someone at ebay, that would be my first choice. I have never had any results with lawyers or small claims courts. I assume you're dealing with an out of state transaction which multiplies the difficulty. Multiple expletives are being said.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Kind of like this Mustang with "new " floors held in with carriage bolts and sealer.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

OUCH ! .. A word of caution Don... It appears that they used some galvanized parts or metal around those rocker panels ..  I am seeing the typical white "burn reside" along the rocker panel welds .. If you plan to reuse those , please remember to grind the galvanize off before you weld ..

We don't need no sick people around here ...  

Thanks ....
Bob.....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Well I got the inner and outer fenders out of storage. Modified the inners to clear and hung the fenders only to find that they were not properly prepped.
Seams just filled not welded. I don't like the front wheel, track width after spending $1600.00 for the set. Seems I just keep backing up on this one. Oh well I'll put this set up for sale and do something different.

Don Colliau

kb426

Hey Don, I think you and I share the same name. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Weird, that's my middle name...
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

348tripower

UPDATE
The floors are progressing along nicely. I had the front fenders chemically stripped only to find that they were full of plastic and poorly repaired. Imagine that. :shock:  I have one nice used one the way and a NOS that I am going to pick up north of Detroit. I am over the part of being * about this. I am having fun blowing up the previous owner mail box with rust pictures and hate mail. :D  I did tell him that because he is selling disc brake conversions for the front of these cars that I was going to take it all off of this one to make sure I don't get killed in it!!!!!!

Don Colliau

348tripower

I didn't know I would loose pictures when I changed some albums in photobucket. * it. Anyway more progress. One right Nos fender one nice used left. Floors coming together.

Don Colliau

kb426

Don, I think this is going to be a cool car when you finish. Watching your COE build makes me think you have skills and patience. None of us like to spend more than we planned but to not cut corners and arrive at the right ending is what matters. I'm enjoying your build. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

It's lookin' good Don .. AND it's being done correctly ..You know ..Those wheels are kinda growin' on me ..  The more I look , the more they don't look so bad .....  :?  

NICE work on the floors ..... );b(

Bob .....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Ok boys and girls. A bit more progress. I filled in the 50 fender parking light opening to match the 49 fender. I found a pair of housings for a 49 and I have 49 bezels and rings. Filled the 49 molding holes. They are on the top of the fender seam. The 50 is below. Removed and filled the gas door it just wasn't going to fly. The original hole was filled with a glued in plug and it was falling out so I repaired it too. Working on the rear quarter corners. One done (the easy one) the other under way.

Don Colliau

kb426

TEAM SMART

348tripower

Right rear is done. This had three pieces of metal that need to be repaired. I didn't have any customer cars to work on since Friday. So it was a me weekend.

Don Colliau

jaybee

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

348tripower

We are into the rear quarters. Scotty is the man. He made these with hand tool and hands only. Very nice work I think.

Don Colliau