1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Let us know when you put the first assemble scratch in it so we can all feel you pain (and know that your car does have at least one flaw on it).  :)
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

papastoyss

Looking real good Don, can't wait to see it in person at Looevil!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

348tripower

Quote from: "416Ford"Let us know when you put the first assemble scratch in it so we can all feel you pain (and know that your car does have at least one flaw on it).  :)
Already scratched and found a spot that wasn't prepped correctly so the handy 3 inch tape lifted some paint. :shock: Oh well we know it can be fixed. :)
Don Colliau

416Ford

Funny, my first one was a paint issue also. Installed the back window and pulled paint when we took off the tape.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

kb426

Don, it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that other people have the same troubles I do. I was hoping you would get to the end without any re-work. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

On this planet, such things are just part of the process. You do your best and nobody can ask more. When I shot my 69's exterior I did so with just the hood off. Its carrier deck size. Made sure to have many hands putting the back on, and of course we carried it to the car, jabbed the fender with it first then bolted it up and everybody split then aw man I looked. :roll:  

Touch-up is just one of the arts learned from a full build as nice as your '50.  8) I was thinking to myself "I bet he gets some offers on this thing whether its for sale or not".  I guarantee theres lots of families who will want it when they see it.
Matt

chimp koose

I cant wait to see a picture of it in the sunlight .

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Don, it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that other people have the same troubles I do. I was hoping you would get to the end without any re-work. :)

I was hoping the same thing! :shock: My pal and body man Scotty asked me the first day I started the assembly if I had scratched it yet. He knows!
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "idrivejunk"On this planet, such things are just part of the process. You do your best and nobody can ask more. When I shot my 69's exterior I did so with just the hood off. Its carrier deck size. Made sure to have many hands putting the back on, and of course we carried it to the car, jabbed the fender with it first then bolted it up and everybody split then aw man I looked. :roll:  

Touch-up is just one of the arts learned from a full build as nice as your '50.  8) I was thinking to myself "I bet he gets some offers on this thing whether its for sale or not".  I guarantee theres lots of families who will want it when they see it.

Thanks for the compliment. Touch up is going to happen soon. I had many chances to sell cars I had just completed. I didn't, I enjoyed them for a few years. That may or may not have been a mistake. $$$$$$$$$$
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "chimp koose"I cant wait to see a picture of it in the sunlight .

Rain again today so no outside in the sun pictures yet but there will be soon! :)
Don Colliau

348tripower

Quote from: "kb426"Don, it doesn't make me feel any better knowing that other people have the same troubles I do. I was hoping you would get to the end without any re-work. :)

I'm thinking it's all part of the process. :shock:
Don Colliau

348tripower

Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Boy ....That grille really turned out nice ..... 8)  Lookin' GOOD... );b(  );b(  );b(

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

The sun came out today!!!!!!!!! :

Oh boy back glass :shock:
Don Colliau

kb426

Looks great, Don. I don't see snow either. :)
TEAM SMART