1950 Plymouth Suburban

Started by 348tripower, January 05, 2014, 03:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Now we're having fun! Just a few wires to mess with. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

I like it ... 8)   None of that "insert tab A into slot B" stuff here....... :?   Is that reveal line in the dash original??  It looks neat ... 8)

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

348tripower

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I like it ... 8)   None of that "insert tab A into slot B" stuff here....... :?   Is that reveal line in the dash original??  It looks neat ... 8)

The upper line is original.
Don Colliau

348tripower

Aired this baby out today. Sanded interior window trim for paint. Almost ready to go down the road and see what falls off. :shock:

Don Colliau

idrivejunk

That ride is so unique and fun to look at. 8)  It should generate much curiosity at shows and rubbernecking on the road.
Matt

chimp koose

UGLY OLDS

Looks GREAT Don ....I like it   8)  :!:

348tripower

I looked under the hood yesterday and found this. :shock:
Don Colliau

kb426

I believe it's about to get full. :) Have you thought about modifying the engine cover to personalize it to match something about the car?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

That looks kinda full under there ....BUT I think that it looks GREAT  :!:   I kinda like the engine cover as-is...No garish brand names or emblems... 8)
Were you able to resolve the rear brake issue  :?:
( Stopping comes a close second after "going"..)  :lol:

348tripower

To bring everybody up to date on this project here we go. I put the mouldings in to keep the glass from falling out and took a trip down the road. It is stuck in  limp mode. Happy Easter morning. It started out with bogus charges on my credit card, the trans swap I did in a 1938 Chevy 350 to 700r has a no shift problem and I broke another glass in the wagon. The place that built the wiring kit for the Hemi says maybe the shifter is out of adjustment. Says it is really critical because it is feeding info back to the PCM. I haven't tried adjusting it because the hoist is tied up with the 700r trans swap to another 700r. Anyway I'm off to Biloxi on Sunday morning. Need some R and R.
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Gee Don ..After all that , PLEASE be careful on your trip....
Those all sound like "New Build Glitches"...Every car has them ....Did you resolve your parking brake issue  :?:

Bob... :wink:

kb426

I believe most of us know what you're feeling. Enjoy the trip. :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

So I sent all the computers in to Hot Wire Auto on Friday the 12th and they returned last Friday. I was told I had the wrong transmission control module. I bought what I was told to at the beginning of this build. Now it's not right? $125.00 for a controller and the computers shipped to me and the only change is now I have full throttle. Scan tool says it has no output for the vehicle speed.  I had 29 mph before the computers went back. They had me jump pins around in the ABS module and that just kept my scanner from linking up. I returned to the original configuration and the scanner links again. It still tells me it can't find the ABS controller.
I'm getting Pi#$ed now.
Don Colliau

kb426

I understand, Don. Most of what I do, I attempt to find a way to do it all myself so I'm only mad at me. I hope somebody at Hotwire takes it upon their selves to fix this so you can get on with it. Whenever a company flipflops on their recommendations, it destroys faith rapidly.
TEAM SMART