New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris spokes

amazing what a difference some paint makes ,awesome work  8)
he who has the most toys wins

348tripower

At least somebody is getting something done. :D KB your truck is really looking good. I still need to get the tailgate of the wagon in primer. Got the cruise control unit in and resolved a problem with it. Started it up and let it run and fixed a coolant leak and a leaking oil sending unit.
 Made a decision Friday to have the driveway done in asphalt millings. I wish I was closer to the road. :shock: Any way it is happening Monday and Tuesday. I needed to bring in about $1000.00 of gravel anyway. No more dirty tires. Neighbors will assist with some of the cost because the drive is an easement. Ill have to stay busy all winter to recover the my part of the cost.
  I asked the wife for her checkbook and  got shut right down :? Oh well back to the regular scheduled programming. :)
Don Colliau

416Ford

Looking good KB. I like the grill and wheel color with the white.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

UGLY OLDS

Looks great KB...  Installing the running boards really enhances the look...  8)
Did you ever decide how to close up the front fender wheel openings  :?:
Are you ready for my fenders yet  :?:

Just remind that other guy that side work is alphabetical. ( "A before T" ). :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, I'm not planning on doing anything serious to the front fenders until next spring when it warms up. I will keep an eye open for 1/2 ton fenders.
I'm not ready for your fenders yet but I may have to use the Chinese  alphabet method of right to left.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Or age before beauty , mines a '26 ! Actually started disassembling this one the other day . Doors have been on for 90 years and don't seem to want to let go . What a PITA . I will be drilling and re tapping a few holes for sure .

kb426

Sanded and buffed on the doors this evening. Needs more work.  :lol:
There's a profile shot without obstacles and a shot of the door without enough light to see everything.
TEAM SMART

zzebby

Lookin good.  Nice door gaps and overall sitting right.  Can't quite like the big truck front fenders though.  Maybe the young guns with the slammed look will go for it. And appreciate your updates, keeps us all motivated to get something done.

kb426

zzebby, next year the front fenders will be addressed. The last 2 days after work, I removed the running boards and sanded them. My wife told me to paint them gray so that's the plan. The weekend weather might be good enough to get them done early enough for them to dry properly. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Running boards and rear fender braces turned gray. I killed 5 flies and 1 yellow jacket before starting. I called that a beginning. I don't think there is anything but some dust in the paint.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Stopping point today. I worked on the hood some more. I'm going to have to cut out the previous repair to make it useable. I shot some epoxy and a coat of clear on it and threw it on the truck. Nothing has been adjusted so it fits even half close. The rear fender braces are installed and the running boards are back on. If winter arrives wednesday, I'm as ready as I can be. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

That truck has attitude ! I love the stance.

kb426

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'll try to find some interesting parts to build in the next few weeks while tying up some loose ends.
TEAM SMART

Rrumbler

What Mr. koose said.  That's one fine F1.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

jaybee

Oh yeah, I like the way that one sits.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)