New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

I like those trucks and didn't really know it until we got one in the shop recently. They look great and your build is getting to the funner end so I hope you've enjoyed the project all along. Pretty sure you'll enjoy it next warm weather plenty. Need to read more of this thread some time, its interesting. Heres the red one we just did, haven't got a decent pic yet and I didn't touch the job but I think the truck sure is a looker.

Matt

kb426

Minor update. My brake is 48". To make a roll pan, I would need at least another 2 inches. I was out of sheet metal and the supplier 50 miles away was also out. I ordered a roll pan and this pic is the roughed in shot. I hope to have a painted pic by sunday night. :)
TEAM SMART

Digger

I know you already have your roll pan but just a tip--I also only have a four foot brake but  on my F100 and my Astro van I made the roll pans in 2 pieces with a license pocket in the center.
 Your truck is looking great!!
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

UGLY OLDS

A Store Bought Part  :shock:  :shock:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :roll:

Oh , The Shame ...... :(  :(  :lol:

I like Diggers idea .. :idea:  8)

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"A Store Bought Part  :shock:  :shock:  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

The one from the Mustang broke down.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

Most of today's work is self explanatory. :) Thanks for all the comments!
TEAM SMART

kb426

Ho hum. More white parts. Not clear coated yet.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Just wondering if you have ever got snow blind when painting all that white . I painted a dodge colt many years ago in a well lit booth and nearly hit the car with the gun at one point . It got so bright in there it was hard to judge distance . Just as I was using up the last of the paint I realised I had not painted the gas filler door that was hanging on the wall. JUST had enough to cover

kb426

CK, all the time. :) The only time I can really see is outside in the sun. That really doesn't correspond with painting in my area.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I think I'm done painting until spring.  :D
More boring white parts.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

You cant be finished yet ! Where are the freak drops and lace over "flake ? :lol:

kb426

CK, I did all that back in 1970. I don't plan on going back anytime soon. I have gravitated towards clean and simple. :)
Bob, I don't have a great answer for the store bought parts except next summer they may get replaced with real parts.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

QuoteBob, I don't have a great answer for the store bought parts except next summer they may get replaced with real parts.  :lol:[/quote

Sounds OK ... Just try to avoid anything that says "Mustang" ..  :idea:   You don't seem to have very much luck in that area .... :roll:  :lol:

My first street rod , ( A '40 Ford 4-Door sedan), was painted the same "bright white" color ....It immediately was dubbed the "Kelvinator" .... :?

Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Honey, does this make my b**t look big?  :lol:
TEAM SMART

kb426

Break time. I had some race car parts left over to use.
I spent way too much time on this. The plates were all machined to length in the mill. The round extensions on the tabs were 3/8" nuts that I turned down and bored. They're shot with spray can paint to avoid rust.
TEAM SMART