New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

I LIKEY!

clean simple

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

kb426

I have the tag back on and a temporary light. Tomorrow I plan on installing the outside mirrors. I'm back to drivable!
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today I removed the tag bracket and shot spray can paint on it. I installed the outside mirrors and gave it a bath. Paint and body is done till next year. I have lots of other stuff to attend to.  :D I cleaned the shop some so I can start finding a place to store some of the stuff I've been using.
TEAM SMART

348tripower

Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

"Store bought parts".....  :?:   "Spray Can Paint".. :?:  :roll:  
 KB ...You are slippin' .....Grab Hold Quick  :!:  :!:  

Oh yea ... The truck looks neat .. Gotta schedule that front fender "repair" for the spring project list though ..... :idea:  8)

Bob............ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Bob, at least it was really good spray paint! :)
I'm really hoping to find a good set of fenders and a hood before then. While I was shooting pics from the front, I realized why people pancake the hood. There maybe more work added to the list.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Pancake the hood ? alter wheel openings ? Next thing you know out comes the metal flake , lace paint and freak drops ! Hey , good idea ! :P  :lol:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"Pancake the hood ? alter wheel openings ? Next thing you know out comes the metal flake , lace paint and freak drops ! Hey , good idea ! :P  :lol:

Can you still get metal flake in spray cans  :?:  :P  :lol:  :lol:

Bob..... :wink:

chimp koose

The way they do flake these days is to blow it dry on to wet paint and bury it under clear. There is a special gun to do it . Many youtube videos on the topic . There is also a thread on the hamb about flake , lace etc . that I try to stay away from as it just makes my condition worse ! probably 60 pages or more of mouthwatering candy and flake jobs .

chimp koose

I should stop wasting space on your post with this obsession with metalflake ! My kids find it funny as they sat in the truck with me as I followed a bass boat out to the lake once that had fingernail sized flake paint . Its kind of like the stuff puts me into some kind of 70's hippie trance . There must be a support group for this .Maybe I was a low rider in another life .

kb426

CK, the entertainment is good. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"CK, the entertainment is good. :)

Besides CK... If we don't keep KB on his toes & up to date with the latest trends, who will  :?:  :?:  :roll:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good.  Clean shoes.    Buy a larger heater for the work shop
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Today's projects: I redid the loom going to the rear of the truck. It was sagging between clamps so I added some reinforcement to it. I made some splash shields to protect the engine compartment from tire debris. I need some soft rubber to close up the gaps around the suspension still.
TEAM SMART