New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

416Ford

Looking good.
I am assuming that the thought of spraying the final color on it is what drives you to keep block sanding.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

DrJ

I think it looks great but my wife who works in the model shop of a car company would say to guide spray and block it a few more times. But then, She told me that before I painted my '40 GMC and I just said "It's a truck, its already straighter than it's ever been and I'm not getting any younger!" and that was 22 years ago!

kb426

There's no way I could color sand the dash and buff it without error. I sanded it and 1 more coat of clear will be applied. Hopefully in the proper manner. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I ordered Nu-Relic window regulators and  NewPort wiper motor today. None of my Mustang conversions were going well. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Block sanding before painting , again.
TEAM SMART

kb426

The only real good thing is it's done for now. Bugs, windy causing dirt, new paint gun to get used to, etc. Lots of difficulties. The pics are in the make shift booth ready to spray. Gray epoxy primer. The final color for now. Pure white. I was very fortunate to get 1 more fairly warm day to get this knocked out.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

I painted a van pure white many years ago, no toner just white , to hide bad bodywork (student project). you could hardly look at it in the sun it was so bright ! I went nearly snow blind when painting it. It was getting hard to judge how far the gun was away from the van.

UGLY OLDS

Our  first street rod was painted Corvette white for the same reason as Chimp...  :oops:   Picture a pure white  '40 Ford four door sedan ... :shock:    ( With a blown 303 inch flathead...)  

It was immediately dubbed the "Kelvinator"  & we drove the wheels off it ... :lol:

Looking back , I cannot believe we cut up a perfectly good Tudor  sedan to get patch panels to save that four door .... :roll:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

C.K., I fully understand the snow blind affect. It's been years since I did a white job. The memories returned rapidly.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Bob, if it drives and works well, it could be a kelvinator. If not, it'll be a norge!
TEAM SMART

kb426

Most people enjoy new parts. Here is a box with rubber parts, the front bed panel and the rear sill for the box. The other pic shows that I did clean up some mess. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Those of you that have followed my projects for years know that I screw up. You also know that I keep working until it's fixed. The excrement in the paint didn't sand and buff out. So it's back to work somehow. I have to catch a day that will allow me to shot a coat of clear and spot in some really small spots. The pic shows the cab back in it's resting place. Now my wife's car can spend the night in the shop. :) More parts are arriving. pic no. 2.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

KB about  your paint blemishes ,  isn't that how panel painting and flames got their start ? Why not bury them in a nice flame job or a lace job? I am just kidding of course ! Now how about a nice mural ! how about the sword wielding buxom blonde in the chariot pulled by two polar bears..........must be a great white north thing!

kb426

The Newport wiper motor arrived yesterday. I've been sanding small parts the last couple of evenings. It was warm enough this evening that I wet sanded most of the cab outside before it got dark. I hope my sunday update is one of success. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I've had quite a day. For a change, I got more done than I expected. I finished sanding all the parts. I had to reshoot the white to cover up the excrement in the paint. Then I shot 2 coats of clear over it. My new friend, the fly came to visit. He didn't stay long but it's in the last coat and will be easy to remove. It's not great but it's better than it was. :)
TEAM SMART