Lot of hours, not much progress.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

looks awesome ,love the wheels!

kb426

The bed frame is on and holes drilled.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Yesterday I sanded and painted a new pair of wheels for the rear. If someone knows of an exact match for American Racing gray, I'd like to know about it. Today I removed the power window, power door lock and the convertible top wiring from the harness. I retained the feed from the power supply to connect to my new harness connections.
TEAM SMART

kb426

You like patina? I have patina! No painting till next summer! Tiny bit of progress.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent the last couple of days changing things that weren't going to work well. Most was cosmetic but when I was checking the rear suspension, I realized that the right rear brake line was going to be pinched if the suspension travel was every fully used. I redid those lines and finished the front going to the master cylinder. The hydroboost lines have been finished and the belt is on the engine for the first time since disassembly.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Sounds like taking a break gave you a chance to catch up with yourself and look at what you've done.

I'm enjoying this thread.  I like following you guys's projects. :D
George

kb426

I started off the day by bleeding brakes. About the time I was done with that, I noticed it was getting cooler in the shop. The heater had quit working. After an hour of diagnosing, I found the blower relay had quit. I was able to wire around it and have the gas valve work properly but the fan doesn't shut off unless I unplug it. At least I have heat. Today was our Christmas dinner and after that I decided to take a look at the new radiator and get a plan for mounts. I ran to the parts store and got a 90 degree elbow to hook up the lower hose. Then I decided to fix one more of the surprises I found a couple of days ago. When I installed the ac compressor, I realized the lines were to close to the crossmember and the fittings wouldn't clear. I looked for a different manifold and didn't find anything that looked like it would fix the problem. SO I cut the lines and rotated them and welded them back together.  I welded about 3/8 " at a time because I don't know if these are silver soldered together or friction welded. I didn't take any chances. I may see if I can rig up a vacuum tester to see how I did.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Once again I worked all day and didn't get much done. One of the pics is the remote filter mounted. The radiator is in place and some of the mounting done. There is the cooling fan and the ac condenser to mount still. The pic of all the hydroboost lines is just to show that using the Mustang parts leaves you with some real ugly areas.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I spent 2 days trying to out smart Ford's PATS system. I give up. I'm going to order some software to disable the pats in the pcm. If someone knows of a  wire around, I'd like to hear about it.
TEAM SMART

kb426

One pic is of the wiring I'm trying to find a way to use gracefully. I spent most of the day making panels to fill the gap between the radiator and the radiator support, mounting the condenser, and mounting the cooling fan. The fan is spaced so it can't rub anywhere on the radiator. Same with the condenser. I hooked up power to the fan and it seems to move plenty of air. I won't know until it's above 100 degrees and I'm stuck in traffic with the ac on. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

The most important item is that the 51 is outside and my wife's car is inside. :)
The seats are in the location that I believe is the best of the compromises. The height and location is set and one bolt in each bracket. They will need braces and I have to fab doubler plates for the underneath side. I didn't realize the pic was so poor until the truck was outside. It's 15 degrees out there.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

TEAM SMART

kb426

Let me apologize for being boring. This weekends task was to do some repair on the rear fenders. I hammered and dollied some and installed panels where the Merc tail lights used to be. I'm going to have an embarrassing amount of time in these.
TEAM SMART