New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

I bought a new air file and a primer gun this week. Last night I sanded the doors for the 2nd time. I could see that I needed some more body work. This morning that was addressed. The cab has been sanded the 2nd time also. I primed the doors for the 3rd time but after doing more bondo work, it might as well be the 1st time again.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

What are you using for primer?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Either Kirker from Smartshoppers or what appears to be the same stuff from Summit. 2 part urethane high build, Frank.
TEAM SMART

kb426

I tinted the primer with a little green. I was tired of gray. :) The sun washed out the color in the pics. I can tell I'm finally making some progress.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Looks like you're getting close!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

kb426

I just finished blocking the doors again. I think it will take 2 more times before they're good enough. Tomorrow more primer arrives and I can repeat. Sorry for the boredom. I'll try to do better in the next few weeks.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Blocking is boredom, isn't it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"I just finished blocking the doors again. I think it will take 2 more times before they're good enough. Tomorrow more primer arrives and I can repeat. Sorry for the boredom. I'll try to do better in the next few weeks.

Yuuup.. I remember those days when I did a lot of body work & paint as you are now.  Totally burned me out &  I doubt my joints would put up with it now.  My old cars show it too.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Don't read this while driving. You might fall asleep and hurt yourself. :)
What kind of person is excited to get ac in October? Primered doors, again. Ho hum.
TEAM SMART

kb426

What did I do today? I experimented a little bit. I found a small area of damage that I had missed so that was addressed. The glove box door was blasted before painting. I found that the hinge needed work , also.
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

is that the same blue as Vance's street beast? looks good!

kb426

C.K. to the best of my knowledge it isn't. That is Kirker bright cobalt blue which is a knockoff of HOK candy of the same name. I have a thing for striking dashes. As a driver we look at the steering wheel, dash, and the top of the hood so that's most important to me. I'm screwed with the Mustang steering wheel but the gauge panel is ok.  Some color that sparkles when the sun hits it is about the most magic this deal will get. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

The doors have been primed for the last time. The top of the cab will take one more time. The back of the cab I'm not so sure of. I ran out of time and energy. It's ready to be masked and primed the next time I can go to the shop.
Happiness is a freshly sanded cab. :) Especially if you're a simpleton!
TEAM SMART

kb426

One more application of primer on the cab. It's backed into it's storage spot in this pic.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Another terribly boring update. The doors are ready to be sealed and painted. The back of the cab was blocked again and primed, hopefully for the last time.
TEAM SMART