New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idrivejunk

Looking like lots of progress to me  8)  Good stuff:)

Any more updates? It sure it hot out, for painting anything  :cry:
Matt

kb426

Mid-day break. Had a bend to remove from one fender. Fill parts welded in. I'm closing up the gap on the rear of the wheel well, not reforming the whole thing.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Mid afternoon break. It's 104 degrees in the shop. I'm ready for a little hammer and dolly and then bondo.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

The fenders are fixed  :!:  :!:   YEAAAAAAAAAAAA  8)  8)  8)  :lol:

They look better already  8)  :lol:

That welding "by the dot" thing that Matt showed us sure seems to work ...  8)

Bob....  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Pinholes to fill and more work on the right hand wheel well lip and it's time for primer.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

WOW..You're pretty good at that stuff ...  8)    Ready for my fenders  :?:  :idea:  :lol:
Remember .....My "A" fenders come before Chimp's "T" fenders 'cause thats how the alphabet thingie works .....  :lol:  :lol:

Bob... :wink:

kb426

Thanks for pointing that out, Bob. But, if I interfere with your long history of progress, won't it upset the world as we know it? :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What did he do there  :shock:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?  :?  :lol:

kb426

The pics are: ready for primer, epoxy primer and the 1st application of high build primer. Now I can see how much work I have to do. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Tiny bit more progress. After I primed them the 1st time, I found some bad spots. I know I will find some more after block sanding but I'm going in the right direction.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

That stuff is coming along real nice!  8)  Lots of folks would just slop paint on, but you're gonna have a good looking finished result.
Matt

papastoyss

Quote from: "kb426"Tiny bit more progress. After I primed them the 1st time, I found some bad spots. I know I will find some more after block sanding but I'm going in the right direction.
I used an Evercoat product called 4 to 1 on my '57 wagon project, it sure covered up & filled a bunch of pits & other assorted nasties in one coat. I just bought a gallon of PPG K38 for final sand blocking, it and a qt. of hardner was about 275.00 OUCH!!
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kb426

papastoyss, I have not looked at that product before. I used the slicksand before and it didn't go well. I didn't have a gun that would spray it evenly. It was terrible to sand back down so I've kind of stayed with regular high build primer. The description of 4in1 looks like the same stuff. I'm going to call them when I get time and ask questions. As far as paint in general goes, I don't think there is any of us that aren't hurt by the price of the products. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

QuoteAs far as paint in general goes, I don't think there is any of us that aren't hurt by the price of the products. :)

Rustoleum is on sale here at $2.98 a can   :!:  :shock:  
( Yup...I stocked up .... :oops: ) ...

Carnut

Ugly Olds is my kinda guy.