New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

"One more test fitting". Did anybody just see the tooth fairy? How about 4 more attempts before I quit. I'm finally ready for bondo. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

WOW   :!:  :!:   You learned that "connect the dots" stuff from Matt pretty quick :!:

BV
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I think I like it better with the slots in the hood. Put them back in so I can be sure. :D
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Thanks for the comments, guys!
Mr. Bondo got started and quit. It's hard to find good help. :) :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Just for you, Frank! :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

I see hood corners fitting up nicely!  8)  You and we are gonna like the truck even more now.   :D  

See if Mr Mud has a 3 or 4 foot stick of PVC pipe thats nice and straight. He can use that to ward off Chief Sandalot of the Many Waves tribe using a continuous roll of 80 cal sand ammo. Singlehandedly! Just slide him paper until no teeter totter! :wink:  :idea:  :arrow:
Matt

Rrumbler

It would look good with a few rows of louvers, too, I think - just me thinkin' again; my Bride says I shouldn't do that so much.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

kb426

No playing today. I spent the day working on the underneath side of the hood.
TEAM SMART

kb426

After an embarrassing amount of time, the hood is finished with bondo, sprayed with epoxy and the first application of high build primer. First of several. :) For those of you that like numbers, it was 104 degrees in the shop this afternoon.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Thems insta-flash temps!  :shock: Looks like you got it wet though :)

Glad to see you on the downhill side of this hood project. Have you been terrorizing the two-lanes with no hood? If not, I bet you're ready to have the truck back going. Hope you get favorable temps when its paint time.   8)
Matt

kb426

2nd app. of high build primer after several hours of hand blocking. Really not very exciting. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Today's stopping point.
TEAM SMART

kb426

Pitiful update. Bondo is close to the end on the fenders. Hood is ready for the next application of primer. I'm really slow at this. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Lunch break. This is the hood in the 3rd application of primer. I believe it will be the last. Meet Mr. Buck. This is one side of the wheel well opening extensions.
TEAM SMART

kb426

End of the day. All apart for finishing.
TEAM SMART