New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Another pityfull update. I painted the underneath side of the hood yesterday. Today I realized I forgot to repair the cross brace. i have block sanded most of the hood for the 4th time. It will take 1 more time to make it good enough. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Another pityfull update.
QuoteI painted the underneath side of the hood yesterday. Today I realized I forgot to repair the cross brace.
i have block sanded most of the hood for the 4th time. It will take 1 more time to make it good enough. :)

And this weeks TEAM SMART winner is ........   :(D)  :-}  );b(  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I am so boring! More sanding and 4th application of primer on the hood. Maybe this will be the last one. :)
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

Just got back from a holiday .... looks like you are just about ready for my fenders ?

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "chimp koose"Just got back from a holiday .... looks like you are just about ready for my fenders ?

See my previous post regarding fenders  ....... :?

Bob... :wink:

kb426

CK, I'm getting tuned up on metalflake. I can't start on your stuff until I get that figured out. I looked at every car with flake at Salina. I saw 2 that looked right and the rest ranged from that was a waste of time to there's no sparkle. I saw a lot of them driving in the sunlight. That's when I really knew if I needed to look at them. :) You and Bob might wait to see how mine look before you get too excited about this. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Quote from: "kb426"I am so boring! More sanding and 4th application of primer on the hood. Maybe this will be the last one. :)

It took me that many to do a brand new hood once. Cost me a month of life  :roll: This is where a polyester primer remark goes but I don't remember it and do remember what you said when you embarked on this mission. You're gonna get there. Still hot for painting anyway. Take your time!
Matt

kb426

Primered and in the solar booth.
2nd time on the small parts and 5th time on the hood. When sanding the hood yesterday, I noticed that the crown flattened out at the rear of the hood. More work. :) Maybe this is the last time for the hood. I think I've said that before. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I've been something of a worker today. This is the front fenders sanded and primed. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

The weather is not favorable to paint work this morning. I spent some time re-routing wiring around the engine. I was able to take the right side of the engine's main harness and hook it to the fenderwell. I moved some things at the rear of the engine and that allowed me to move the slack loop to the side, out of sight at first glance. After studying this mess, I realize that if I redo everything under the dash, I could move the left side to the fenderwell also. I haven't made the decision about that yet. It's still ugly but a little less. I'm watching cold air kits that have enough tubing to allow me to move the air filter to a different location. I might get this cleaned up enough for it to be presentable. :)
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"The weather is not favorable to paint work this morning. I spent some time re-routing wiring around the engine. I was able to take the right side of the engine's main harness and hook it to the fenderwell. I moved some things at the rear of the engine and that allowed me to move the slack loop to the side, out of sight at first glance. After studying this mess, I realize that if I redo everything under the dash, I could move the left side to the fenderwell also. I haven't made the decision about that yet. It's still ugly but a little less. I'm watching cold air kits that have enough tubing to allow me to move the air filter to a different location. I might get this cleaned up enough for it to be presentable. :)

It looked fine & worked great before you tore it down ..... :roll:
You just need to follow Ugly Olds rule # 1...LEAVE THE HOOD CLOSED .... 8)

If someone ask's, tell them "Gee, it's all dirty in there"..... :idea:  
It's worked for me with the Olds since I built the dumb thing ...... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bob.... :wink:

kb426

Here we have the fenders primed again. The hood in epoxy and then painted. The nats got in the clear but I'm going to sand and flowcoat so I'm hopeful that they will be removed. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

1 bug, 1 piece of crapola, way better than before.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Looks great! Woohoo shiny  8)
Matt

Rrumbler

That's lookin' good.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.