New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Thank you, George.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "kb426"Here's a sound clip to give you an idea of the mufflers. I tossed the camera into the seat so it's nothing special.

Thanks KB .. That's kinda what I am after ... 8)   No drone going down the highway  :?:  :?:   Tail pipes almost out the back may even be quieter .... :idea:

Thanks ...
Bob ...  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

There's no drone, almost no noise. That's a 6.5' bed and the pipes exit  about 1' before the roll panel.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Sounds good to me  8)
Matt

papastoyss

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"KB ..What was the OE application on the mufflers that you used ??

I am looking for something "quiet" for my A.. NO rumble /rap / etc ...

Bob ... :wink:
I've used Dynomax "Super Turbo" mufflers on several cars, They're quiet, free flowing & cheap.Downside is they're so quiet people don't hear you when cruising around an event & they will step out in front of you.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

kb426

This can't surprise anybody who's read this. I've been diagnosing the failure of the cruise control to work. I had tried another unit, switches and traced wiring. I finally found a voltage test at the harness plug where it feeds into the servo. After messing around, I have found the clock spring cooperates when It wants to. Now I have to decide if I want to spend another $80 or take the new switches and build a remote mount and bypass the the clock spring. :)
I believe the ignition switch is about all that hasn't been replaced.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

When all else fails, for cruise control theres the old stick against bench seat trick  :wink:

Kids don't try this at home  :lol:
Matt

UGLY OLDS

Ahhhhh.......Was this clockspring thingie a Mustang part  :?:  :?:  :roll:

Bob.... :wink:

chimp koose

You know it was !  :lol:

chimp koose

Should have changed the M for a B , bustang!

UGLY OLDS

KB ...Just a thought .... :idea:  

Have you ever approached the previous owner about the "warranty" on that car  :?:  :?:  :lol:

Ya never know ..... :idea:

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

Today I took a serious look at the 51 hood that I bought 3 years ago. It has damage in all the wrong places. I considered repairing it until I put it on 3 jack stands to work on it and discovered it has a serious twist in it. I cut a panel out of the same area that is poor on the truck. I put the panel in the rust vat for the night and tomorrow I'll see if there's enough metal to use it. I'm not real optimistic about the outcome.
TEAM SMART

kb426

This is today's stopping point. I have to decide if this piece is worth making a repair panel out of or just a pattern to make a new panel. The pics will show the damage on the panel. I welded up some holes and ground on them some. First time for using .040's tungsten. I bought some a few months ago knowing that I would work on some real thin metal soon.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I fixed a hood one time that had more than 100 Pin holes rusted through it. It took forever. Then shrinking it back flat again.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

idrivejunk

I think if you consider the time involved, a new replacement hood (even though it will need work too) might make you a lot happier. While fixing, and while enjoying to infinity. I see they are a little over $500. That would not be a sin in my opinion, to shop for them at this point. Save up instead of slave-ing up. Because no matter what, if you use what you got, it will be a mess. Don't get me wrong... I bet you're plenty capable. But yeah, pick battles you can win. The existing panel on it now would have to be SO, SO bad for me to want to patch in either a fabbed or repaired hood section that size. Its as big as Kansas and kinda shaped the same.
Matt