New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"You think that will make Chimp Koose happy?   :lol:

He'll get used to it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

It will do. Just don't use that paint if you found that can of it in the trunk of the mustang

UGLY OLDS

That wasn't paint in the Mustang Chimp..... It was "restore in a can" ....  :?  

It worked , didn't it  :?:  :?:  :shock:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

Slow news day. Is that better than no news day? I have installed the gas springs for the hood. Sun visors are installed. Door panels roughed in. Lots of finish work on them left.
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

What's the status on the Hydro-Boost  :?:  :?:

Bob.. :wink:

kb426

It's still working. It's just a small seep around that plug. I'm going to keep driving it until it gets worse. I drove it everyday this week and the Dakota set in the drive. There's many things that I like about this truck. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

I worked on the door panels some more today. Unless I have a better idea, this is about where they will be. Low maintenance all the way. :) I made a new panel for the rear of the headliner. It may get some more work as time goes by. I put an emblem on the dash to mess with all the people that believe all hot rods have a 350 chevy in them. This is a clone of the fender emblem on AC Cobra's.
TEAM SMART

40_Tudor

I had my tailpipes turn down under rear axle on my 40 just like that. The sound reflects off of the pavement into the car. Sound like your driving in a big oil can especially with not enough insulation.
Had the muffler shop redo the exhaust last year and ran both pipes to the back but stopped about 6 inches short with about a 45 angle. You can't see the pipes unless you get down on the ground.
Much quieter ride now.

Nice work

kb426

40, I'm using Walker stock style mufflers. There's not much noise. Do you think that a truck is different in the way the sound waves carry as compared to a bodied car?
TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

KB ..What was the OE application on the mufflers that you used ??

I am looking for something "quiet" for my A.. NO rumble /rap / etc ...

Bob ... :wink:

kb426

Bob, I'll have to go digging for the invoice. It's friday and my memory has left the building with Elvis. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

He'll come back if you leave out a plate of little peanut butter and 'nanner sammiches. :wink:

KB, your truck thread is like a breath of fresh air. Its so... sensible and neat. It must be a joy to have and drive. :)
Matt

kb426

idrivejunk, thank you for the comment. I've been driving it everyday for sometime. It's not perfect and the hood and front fenders aren't done which means I 'm staring at one of the ugliest hoods in history but it's really great. :)
Bob, half way through a real thick folder of invoices I found Walker 17613. That number is for 2.25" turbo style mufflers. I know there's cheap and won't last forever but they are quiet unless you're on it in which case they sound ok. It's not the sound I expected. It's better. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Here's a sound clip to give you an idea of the mufflers. I tossed the camera into the seat so it's nothing special.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Sounded like you had 'lift off' at about the last 3 seconds. 8) Nice sound.
George