New stuff!

Started by kb426, June 29, 2013, 08:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Tony, those shoes were beyond cleaning. The left one was worn  from shifting the cycle for the life of the shoe. I did the best thing for them. They have been moved to painting only duty. :) I have a large enough heater in the shop but it's attached to the house and I can't keep all the fumes out from the house. Whenever the house heater comes on, it appears to create a vacuum and pulls fumes in. In order not to kill my wife, I only paint when I can manage the fumes. :)
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"Tony, those shoes were beyond cleaning. The left one was worn  from shifting the cycle for the life of the shoe. I did the best thing for them. They have been moved to painting only duty. :) I have a large enough heater in the shop but it's attached to the house and I can't keep all the fumes out from the house. Whenever the house heater comes on, it appears to create a vacuum and pulls fumes in. In order not to kill my wife, I only paint when I can manage the fumes. :)

OK, get  safer heater.  :!:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

Sunday evening, I had a fuel pump failure. Because the mustang has been less than wonderful, that is what my first thought was. Turned out to be a short in the wiring. There is a step down joint in the factory harness behind the engine. The fuel pump wire was close enough that when you ran over a bump, it moved. It has a tiny abrasion but as you all know, that's all it takes. I have that harness tied to everything to prohibit movement but I sure failed there. Tomorrow I will wrap the wire and make a boot for that area to completely insulate it. With no surprises about an hour will have everything put back together for maybe the last last time.  :lol:
TEAM SMART

chimp koose

.......and THEN the mustang pump will fail . I hope not , but with how that parts car has been for a donor , we will wait and see.

kb426

I bought a new pump. I'm going to wait a few weeks before installing it just to minimize the changes that have been done while the wiring was repaired. I decided I didn't trust it either. :)
TEAM SMART

kb426

Wiring problem has been repaired and double wrapped. Back on the road again. :)
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Digging the splash shields, a trailer queen would not have those! Overall I like the whole truck, it looks just right to me. Hope you have no more un-fun pump wire suprises.
Matt

kb426

Too cold to paint but not to cold to change things you don't like. The first pic is of the lower radiator hose. Quick and easy. I wasn't comfortable with that many splices. I had a rubber reducer bushing in it also. When I cleaned up the shop, I found some 1.75" j-bends that I hadn't completely used up. There was enough material for me to replace the center section and remove the reducer bushing. One end is 1.5" welded to the 1.75". I think I'm headed in the right direction. :)
TEAM SMART

jaybee

Good job on the radiator pipe. I know there are VERY good reasons to use those flexible corrugated water lines, but I smile and nod to see someone took a little bit of extra effort by building a line just to fit the car.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

chimp koose

Now it needs metalflake paint and back in the truck !

kb426

Be prepared, C.K. ! :)
TEAM SMART

348tripower

KB,
That is exactly how I hooked up the radiator in the COE.  The only hose is at the radiator and the engine. My tubing is about 4 foot long. :shock:
Don Colliau

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "348tripower"KB,
That is exactly how I hooked up the radiator in the COE.  The only hose is at the radiator and the engine. My tubing is about 4 foot long. :shock:

Ah.....Nah.... I'll leave it alone ....... :roll:

Bob.. :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

One more little item. I replaced the dome light with one from a 93 Dodge intrepid. This one is switchable. Try not to fall asleep. :)
There will be more work on the headliner when I get an idea on how to finish it.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "kb426"One more little item. I replaced the dome light with one from a 93 Dodge intrepid. This one is switchable. Try not to fall asleep. :)
There will be more work on the headliner when I get an idea on how to finish it.

93 Dodge, huh? Watch for when it falls off.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.