RRT racer

Started by enjenjo, December 28, 2012, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here's what I got done the last few days, along with some running around to the Dr and so forth. I have both sides of the rear of the hood extended down to the bottom of the body. No work until friday now, the next three days are full.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I got all the major pieces in place today, and started fabricating the the new panels.

purplepickup

I like the land speed racer look that's developing.   :0-0

I'm picking up a bike in Onsted at 1PM tomorrow but that's not quite close enough to you to stop by and give you a hand. :(
George

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks good...   I worry though.  That the team project will become an enjenjo project.

that was discussed in the early daze of the project
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Quote from: "Crosley"Looks good...   I worry though.  That the team project will become an enjenjo project.

that was discussed in the early daze of the project

I agree. I don't want it to be my project, I want it to be our project. If some one else wants to take over for a while, in their shop, I would be perfectly happy. I know many of you are more skilled in many aspects of this than I am, and that was the original concept, building on our strengths. What I am doing right now is to try and whip up some enthusiasm. Quite frankly I would rather have been working on my Buick the last few weeks.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteI agree. I don't want it to be my project, I want it to be our project. If some one else wants to take over for a while, in their shop, I would be perfectly happy. I know many of you are more skilled in many aspects of this than I am, and that was the original concept, building on our strengths. What I am doing right now is to try and whip up some enthusiasm. Quite frankly I would rather have been working on my Buick the last few weeks.

I wish I was closer .. I don't have a bunch of skill but I could prolly drive the broom around .. Hold the light .....Chase refreshments ... General "Go-Fer" ... Shuffle here ----Shuffle there ....That's where I really excel . :lol:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

I've missed the last couple of build days. I'm looking forward to the next one.

Flipper

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I wish I was closer ..
Bob....... :wink:

Me too.

enjenjo

Moose came down today, and we worked on the front end. I welded, he hammered. Time consuming, but what we got done looks good.

We also brought the Dodge roof up to the shop, and I cut the skin off to make the new hood out of.

enjenjo

I talked to the owner of the next project coming in today, and he can't have it here until the 9th of Feb. So I have another week with the race car in the shop. Any one want to do another build day in the next week? Any day but Thursday.

enjenjo

I did some more work on the hood. I have both sides welded together now. I trimmed down the Dodge roof for the new hood top. top. Who would believe it would fit this good. I set the grill opening back in place, but about 3" forward from where it was, which also lowers it too. What do you think?

I did a rough trim on the wheel opening, we can still change it. What do you think of it?

kb426

I think it's going to look fast whether it is or not. :D I'm a long ways from most of you and don't have shop space but as things progress, if I see something that I'm really good at, I'll speak up.
TEAM SMART

unklian

The hood is excellent.

phat46

The hood looks great Frank. That roof was a good idea. Nothing wrong with the wheel opening either.

GPster

Looks better than what we could do with the fiberglaas side of my shower stall. The five hours of driving time for me takes it's toll on me being able to just "Pop In" to help but maybe come March when the days start getting longer I'll find a way. GPster