RRT racer

Started by enjenjo, December 28, 2012, 12:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parklane

Quote from: "phat46"I believe I stated at the time I did the artwork that I was good with using it for any purpose to raise money for the car. I'm still good with that and if we need any other art type stuff for the car I'd be happy to do it.

Hey Joe, can you do the artwork for $100 bills??  :wink:
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

phat46

Quote from: "parklane"
Quote from: "phat46"I believe I stated at the time I did the artwork that I was good with using it for any purpose to raise money for the car. I'm still good with that and if we need any other art type stuff for the car I'd be happy to do it.

Hey Joe, can you do the artwork for $100 bills??  :wink:

That depends, you talking U.S. or Candian?  :lol:

enjenjo

We are having a mini build day tomorrow, wednesday the 16th, with a couple members that are close. We'll see what we can get done. February will not be a good month for a build day, I will have a finished car in the shop, so we can't make any dirt.

How about a full build day jan 27th? Weather permitting of course.

On Tshirts, any ideas on color?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

I've got a doctor appointment Thursday and I've signed up for a local history class that starts on the 28th so there's no way I can make the distance closer. Kepp the pictures coming so I can remember what it looks like. GPster

enjenjo

Here is a preview of what we got done today. HRLC, fast 401, and HRPP came down to help. Denise took a bunch of pictures, as did George. We sliced and diced the Healy front end to make it fit our purposes. It ended up 6 1/2" narrower, and 18"longer.  with the stretch we did on the body, that is 23"longer than stock. After narrowing the hood fit near perfect to the Crosley cowl.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I had another wonderful time in the shop with the guys today......AND got a little accomplished too!

Body tacked on the frame.  

The shock mounts tacked in place

Frank cutting the front end.......

...while George and I worked grinding old paint/primer off body

More cutting on the front end......

....to make pieces to lengthen the cowl

Piece needed alittle trimming

Discussion on where the fuel cell is going to go

More cutting on the front end

We then took a lunch break which included gathering up a bunch of hub caps Frank donated to my hubcap tree yard art project.

HUGE thanks to Frank for the caps.  Very much appreciated sweetie!

The guys started then mocking up the front end pieces to see how it looked

Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

HotRodLadyCrusr

George gets a boo-boo

All in all a fun and productive day

slocrow

Thanks kids, nice to see...
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hey George, was your snot as black as mine afterwards?
:shock:
After our conversation about lead paint I think I'm going to bring some cheap masks for next time just so those that are grinding/sanding are a little protected.

Mikej

I see the air hose was hooked up on this build. Thanks for the update.

purplepickup

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Hey George, was your snot as black as mine afterwards?
:shock:
Yup.  I stopped at Cabelas on the way home and after wandering around for an hour I went in the restroom and saw big black chunks around my nostrils.  No wonder it was hard to get someone to help me at the gun counter. :wink:

I put ear muffs and masks in my trunk so I don't forget them next time.

BTW, thanks for posting the pics.
George

mokanracer

I sure enjoyed reading this thread,and getting to see pics.  Thx for the post. Looking forward to following your build process.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Mikej"I see the air hose was hooked up on this build. Thanks for the update.

LOL, we actually had three hoses going for most of the day!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Yup.  I stopped at Cabelas on the way home and after wandering around for an hour I went in the restroom and saw big black chunks around my nostrils.  No wonder it was hard to get someone to help me at the gun counter. :wink:

LOL

I put ear muffs and masks in my trunk so I don't forget them next time.

Ear muffs, good idea, I'll throw some in too.

enjenjo

Next time, ask. I have dust  masks here. And ear muffs.

I had a couple hours today, so I extended the right side of the rear of the hood down to the bottom of the body, and welded up the bracing in the center where we cut it. I was out behind the barn today, and realized there is a 50 Dodge sedan roof back there, that should be long enough to patch in the center of the hood in one piece, which would make life easier, since it has the curve we need already there.