1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

hooligans.

Something I always do on the first drive of the vehicle is a burn out of some type.  Obviously I always make sure the brakes work correctly and very well.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: GlenA couple of knuckle-head kids drove this drag car thru the local cruise night saturday night.   :shock:

The Hooligans   :!:  :!:     Driving that noisy car with bald tires &  that big vacuum thing up front .... :?:  :?:

A "table" in back instead of a trunk   :?:  :?:

And the "Dust Blower" pipes pointed the wrong way .. :?

Ohh... The Shame ...The Shame ..... :shock:  :shock:

Looks & sounds GREAT Glen ...You gotta be proud ... );b(

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

I heard some more comments on the Nova today...  it seems people notice the car.  LOL

I did not attend the Goodguys event here in AZ... a couple of ''issues'' are in place , so I dont attend the event.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

_Drewfus_

great to see the car's progress, congrats, and look forward to seeing it in action over the quarter,

Cheers,

Drewfus :D
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

Glen

Thanks, Dean from "Hot Rods by Dean" is coming over tomorrow to discuss paint.  Its a good time to blow the car back apart, we are headed into the summer months in Arizona so no cruise nights or racing.

Ford has a new green out called Ginger Ale, its a very light olive/silver green metallic.  I think it will be a great choice for a sixties muscle car.  it is subtle and has just enough metallic to give it some edge.

this color is a little off, but it got me excited about painting it.

river1

Quote from: "Glen"Thanks, Dean from "Hot Rods by Dean" is coming over tomorrow to discuss paint.  Its a good time to blow the car back apart, we are headed into the summer months in Arizona so no cruise nights or racing.

Ford has a new green out called Ginger Ale, its a very light olive/silver green metallic.  I think it will be a great choice for a sixties muscle car.  it is subtle and has just enough metallic to give it some edge.

this color is a little off, but it got me excited about painting it.

hehe only in AZ  8) do you say we're headed into summer a couple of days after the first day of spring.

rendering looks awesome glen and with deans doing the paint the finished product will be too!

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Glen

and so it begins.....I started taking the car back apart on Sunday. Everything is coming out of the car, there is way too much hardware to rely on someone to keep and get back in the right place.  I am taking the bare body/chassis to the paint shop on a cart.

all of the loose parts will be powder coated, the PPG dealer mixed a gallon of paint to match the powder coat for the interior, firewall,chassis, etc.

I hope to have the chassis/body at the paint shop by next Tuesday.

the last part I completed was a 10lb. fire bottle, there are two nozzles at the front of the motor and one at my feet pointing down and back.

Mikej

Thanks for sharing the photos again. The rendering looks good. Greens good....

enjenjo

Glen, could you post a couple pictures of the driver's seat in the clear so I can get a good look at it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

no problem, if i remember correctly its an 18 degree back.  They are going to powder coat too and then to the upholstery shop for a very minimal spine and butt pad.

I added the extra plate on the bottom of the seat

enjenjo

Thanks Glen, that told me what I needed to know. The seat we have is actually a roundy round seat, but for $20 who cares. It has built in rib protectors that make it had to get in and out of the seat. I want to trim it down so it's more like yours.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Glen, it's been awhile since I checked your thread. I don't have any excuse for missing the short drive video. I don't need to tell you how good your work is and I'm sure you are aware that color choice is a personal taste choice. I'm pleased that you have shared this with us. I'm expecting that car to be so good when completed that people can't believe you drive it much less run it at the strip. Modern tech. makes hot rods very interesting. Rum, Rum.
TEAM SMART

Glen

Thanks for the kind words.

and thanks to Fat Cat and Enjenjo for allowing me to run the thread here.

Glen

Checked on the jungle gym today.....i think my painter hates me and i dont know why.  :twisted:
He had to paint in stages, the floor will have to be painted last due to the amount of overspray from the tubing.

kb426

I sympathize with the painter. If he stills speaks to you when it's finished, I think he is a true friend. :lol:
TEAM SMART