1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glen

back home just in time for the three day weekend.  the shop lights play tricks on the camera....not a great sample of the color.

flash/ no flash

Glen

Bruce Dorsi

It's Saturday, now.  ....Is the engine & trans back in yet?   :roll:

It looks great, Glen!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

kb426

TEAM SMART

UGLY OLDS

Glen .....  It's looking GREAT .. 8)  

And seeing it built from the ground up , we know it looks as good on the inside as it does on the outside  :!:

Nice work    :!:  8)

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

kool.  I need to visit your place again for a look see.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Blown66SS

I was excited to find this thread since I was considering painting my 66 Chevelle the same color.  I pulled up behind a new Ford and said hey, that would work!  Please keep the pics coming!  Let me know if you ran into any surprises with the paint.  I am humbled by your abilities and quality of work.       :)

Digger

Quote from: "Blown66SS"I was excited to find this thread since I was considering painting my 66 Chevelle the same color.  I pulled up behind a new Ford and said hey, that would work!  Please keep the pics coming!  Let me know if you ran into any surprises with the paint.  I am humbled by your abilities and quality of work.       :)

Welcome aboard! How about a small introduction :?:
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

Glen

no issues with the paint....but my $99 camera does not pick up the metallic, it has a very heavy silver sparkle to it.

How about a full factory headliner in a 6 second chassis?

Blown66SS

The headliner looks awesome! I think the Ginger Ale paint looks more gold in the sun than silver, did you stick with the stock paint blend?  Many Ford Flex for sale ads say gold color when they are Ginger Ale.  Let me know if I am missing something?  

I will post some info on my build in an intro post. I don't bring down the quality of this thread with my junk :).

chimp koose

full headliner with the cage is a nice finishing touch.

Glen

Quote from: "Blown66SS"The headliner looks awesome! I think the Ginger Ale paint looks more gold in the sun than silver, did you stick with the stock paint blend?  Many Ford Flex for sale ads say gold color when they are Ginger Ale.  Let me know if I am missing something?

yes, mixed to the factory paint code, much easier to make repairs if necessary.  I think the color has some yellow in it, but the metallic that hits in the sunlight is silver.  You will need to paint the panels at the same time and angle to make sure your color flop is accurate.

Crosley.In.AZ

All that interior parts gonna add weight to the car, slow it down
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"All that interior parts gonna add weight to the car, slow it down

I doubt it ...  :)                  Besides ...It's  PURDY..... 8)

( I was going to enter a  Falcon comment here , but ...... :lol:  :lol: )

Looks good Glen ...... );b(

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Blown66SS

Thanks for tip on the paint application, I think I will pay someone to spray mine when the time comes.  I painted my old Buick GN black and it turned out ok but I don't trust myself with the metallic paint yet and really want this one right.  I hope the car I am building is really one I keep til I croak.

What events do you plan to attend with the Nova?  I am just curious how often the beast will see the street and track.