1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

34ford

Looks  like he's doing a fantastic job. Similar color to what I paintec my frame and drive train.

UGLY OLDS

Glen ...I also have to thank you for taking the time to post all your work ... I know we ALL have learned along the way & remember ..This may be the ONLY way some folk's will see a car built starting with a "Pile o' Pipe's " on the floor & finishing with a beautiful , safe automobile when complete ...  8)

The paint work match's the time & quality shown in the rest of the car ...  :b-d:

If the painter gives you any trouble ..Remind him that the "Jungle Gym" could have been done in "Tu-Tone" ...... :shock:

Bob ........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good fur sure...

back in daze gone by, i painted 2 dune buggy chassis.  Tubes are no fun to paint and not easy
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

I dropped the Nova off at Hot Rods by Dean in North Phoenix yesterday he is painting the exterior of the car.  I did pull everything back out of the car to keep it clean.

The dash turned out great too.

added the carbon fiber to the door bars so they dont get scratched up from climbing in and out.

added a trim ring so the paint doesnt get burned off, they are at the chrome plater now.

the core support is back from powder coat

I even powder coated the tubs, chute handles, gas pedal...i want the entire interior to be the same color, a total washout.  I cant wait to get the intercooler tubes back from PC.

the blower belt guard

The time off during paint should give me plenty of time to play with details.

34ford

Looking mighty fine Glen. You probably own part of the powder company. Had the frame and a bunch parts on the coupe done cause there were places I knew I would never be able to get paint into. can't wait to see it all together.

bob

_Drewfus_

B
u
m
p

any assembly updates?

Cheers,

Drewfus :D
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

Glen

sorry....nothing worth posting.  I have been making some comments on that other thread "what are you doing today".

The car should be home by the end of the month.  I have everything plated or powder coated and ready to go.  I purchased my firesuit and belts from DJ safety, they also made the blanket for the intercooler.

my seats are at the upholstery shop, I did use a flame retardant material.
The stainless trim for the windows is back and the wing windows are all rebuilt and ready to go back in the car.

Glen

Here we go....Sprayed yesterday.  Color sand and polish and they are done.  The color is called Ginger Ale and is on some of the new fords.  Its a green/silver metallic.  the pic above is with my cell phone so the color is more accurate here:

Fat Cat

I like that color. Your car is looking good, Glen.

Glen

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I like that color. Your car is looking good, Glen.

thanks for giving me a space to post all these pictures.

I call it the "anti-racecar" paint job.  Im excited about all of the restoration parts for the windows, door panels, door handles, grill, etc.....and then the mix of full hard core race parts blended in with it.

Crosley.In.AZ

Glen, looks good!

Gonna be eggciting when the car runs again
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I like the " ginger ale" but if it was " wild turkey" , it would match the car better. :lol:  :lol:  :lol: It's looking good , Glen. I have to tell you, that after what I've seen you do, I wouldn't expect any less. Kudos, Bud.
TEAM SMART

Bruce Dorsi

WOW!! -- Understated elegance! is my initial reaction.

Sadly, some people who will see the finished car will not appreciate your craftsmanship and attention to detail.

I can't wait to see the finished project!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi" Understated elegance!

thats catchy.....thanks!

Mac

I think it's an awesome color choice, too. Understated elegance, anti-racecar.
Back in the 70's the guy I worked for accused me of picking a NON-COLOR when I painted my car steel blue.

What's so cool and ironic is that while your Nova's color is subdued, the performance will be anything but.  :b-d:
Who\'s yer Data?