1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Dorsi

Glen, is that a pressure sensor or a temp sender in the intercooler piping?

Is it just for information purposes, or does it activate something?

Thanks!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

Boost pressure,air temp, and the map sensor is on the back side.

kb426

I'd like to be with you the day some young guy who thinks he has a fast car challenges you.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
TEAM SMART

Glen

turned on the 12 volts for the first time....everything proved out and seems to be working properly.....the wiring panels i posted above are awesome at sending the power to multiple places with one switch, the relay panel cleaned up the wiring, I would have a ton of loose wires if i had the bundles sticking out the bottom of 8 relays.

The gauge has about 8 different configurations to choose from, here are two, the image is a little blurry, i still have the pink plastic bag over it for protection while working.

kb426

What is the dash panel?
TEAM SMART

Glen

The dash panel above is the touchscreen for the holley EFI.

Glen

I have the car ready to start.  Im going to pull the lines off the mechanical pump and install a simple electric fuel pump....then pull the lines off the fuel rails and install them on the regulator in an attempt to bypass the injectors and run some fuel thru the lines.  Im sure there is some debris in the lines and this will be a good way to flush them out.  The car has two big magna fuel filters.

I have the axle housing out of the car to run the fuel lines so while it was out and apart i had it painted, the new Strange Ultra center section is here so hopefully it will be the last time its apart.  I had strange install my traction control collar on the yoke during assembly.  The MSD power grid has a traction control module that plugs into it via a CAN-BUS hub.

The holley efi system is awesome, it takes some time to learn because there is no "manual", but now that im starting to figure some stuff out i am very impressed.  EVERYTHING is custom configured, you can make the gauge read whatever range you want, you can add a sensor to monitor anything you want, and the outputs to turn stuff on is endless.

My plan is to double check everything this weekend and start it next weekend.

Glen

as promised we started the car today.  It started right up today and idled with no issues.  I should sleep good tonight, I feel like I made it to the next level.

I also sold my 29 Model A this week so its on to the next one.

Dusty

Congratulations Glen....I have been watching your build since the beginning on here.  I know you will sleep better tonight...

Gud Luk

Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Mikej

When is the brake-in run?  Its hard to believe it idles that smooth with 2000+ HP. I have enjoyed your build also. Thanks for posting.

UGLY OLDS

Good Job Glen ....It sounds great ... 8)   It's got to make you feel good after firing it for the first time ...You've put a LOT of work in that car ..... );b(        
   I too cannot believe how smooth it runs ....

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

A couple of knuckle-head kids drove this drag car thru the local cruise night saturday night.   :shock:

enjenjo

Did it make you smile?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Glen

Quote from: "enjenjo"Did it make you smile?

We all know that feeling and it is the best.....after almost two years of sweat and stress, you finally roll it out and take it for a spin....it may be ugly primer, but it is still a great feeling of success.

34ford

Quote from: "Glen"A couple of knuckle-head kids drove this drag car thru the local cruise night saturday night.   :shock:

Before I watched the video I was going to say was that something you would have done in your younger years and then saw it was you :shock:

Wild and crazy kinda guy. 8)