1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

32coupe

The Aussies are at it again...........Sydney Dragway - Robin Judd - 5.779@250.18

If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

Glen

I thought this day would never arrive:

Check out all of the room i have for radiators....Everything worked out perfect and I might be able to run a small 2" cowl hood :twisted:

Crosley.In.AZ

very nice...  glad that the shipping company as least had the engine in town even though they did not know it at first.

Looks like I need to make another road trip to your place Glen
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Congrats, Glen!

That is IMPRESSIVE !!!

Your pooch seems content with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

Glen

I had some wisdom teeth pulled today so some of this text may be blurry...the pain meds are in full effect.

More crazy stuff this week.  Now that the motor is in the car it has answered a lot of questions and gave me something to measure off of.

I ordered my fuel pump cable from waterman....

The pump was mounted here just for the dyno, it will be in the back of the car at the tank....the pump will not suck fuel to the front especially when fighting the inertia and i dont want the tank up front.

I also made some styrofoam radiators in an attempt to get an idea what will fit.  Ron Davis comes into my work place once a month so I am working with him on the best setup possible.  these are 18x18x3  they can slide up higher and hopefully hide behind the bumper....which is on backorder :evil:

got my bulkeads mounted into the firewall for my intercooler tubing

I ordered all of the stainless tubing today for the headers, Clay Forrester (FRE Racing Engines) is making them and running the Intercooler tubing.  Clay did a great job on my Model A headers.  The headers is something I have no interest in tackling...that is just dain Bramage.  :?

while this picture may seem a little redundant, it was awesome to see it out of the shop and on the ground.

Crosley.In.AZ

Looks like the plastic dash you had setup is gonna receive    large holes in it for the  air  tubes.

it is good to see the car out front near the street...   :twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

No the we are pretty sure the bends will clear.  The lower section will get a notch.

UGLY OLDS

NEAT !!     Another amature question Glen .. The fuel pump is belt driven from the engine for dyno testing ... What drives the pump when it is mounted in the rear of the car ??

It's lookin' GOOD  );b(

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"NEAT !!     Another amature question Glen .. The fuel pump is belt driven from the engine for dyno testing ... What drives the pump when it is mounted in the rear of the car ??

six months ago i was asking the same question.  the pulley and bracket stay on the motor with the belt on the crankshaft as you see above, but the pump is no longer mounted to that bracket....it gets moved to the trunk.  the cable in the picture threads onto the back of the pump and an adapter on the back of the aluminum pulley at the motor making the connection, that cable is 13 feet long.  its all standard fuel injection stuff, the hillborn/enderle guys use this stuff, but all chinese to me.

UGLY OLDS

six months ago i was asking the same question.  the pulley and bracket stay on the motor with the belt on the crankshaft as you see above, but the pump is no longer mounted to that bracket....it gets moved to the trunk.  the cable in the picture threads onto the back of the pump and an adapter on the back of the aluminum pulley at the motor making the connection, that cable is 13 feet long.  its all standard fuel injection stuff, the hillborn/enderle guys use this stuff, but all chinese to me.
[/quote]

WOW ... :?  
 Is the cable strong enough to handle the load at 13' ??   I would think at the speed that pump runs at , there would be issues like "whipping" or "winding up" like a speedo cable ..... :?:

Thanks ...
Bob .... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

jaybee

It's a very reliable set up in NASCAR, where they were implemented to eliminate the fires that once were common when a Chevy would hit the wall and knock the fuel pump off the right front of the engine.  Then again they aren't pumping the huge amount of fuel needed to feed this monster!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

rog

Nothing redundant about that pic Glenn, Always good to see a build at rolling stage  :D

Glen

Thanks to Clay for setting up my Intercooler tubing....I plan to either powder coat this or jet hot coat it.  yes, some of the tubing was already polished from the supplier.

And yes, it fits behind the dash so I didnt have to cut it.

Glen

Some more outstanding work from Clay at Forrester Racing engines.  they are 2.375, stepped to 2.50, to a 5" collector all in stainless.

I wanted the end of the collector to be interchangeable so we put a v-band clamp on it just inside the fender.    Im thinking a straight cut piece with a small baffle could be used when not at the track.

kb426

Very nice. How many hours are in the lines and headers?
TEAM SMART