1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

Quote from: "Glen"Ladies and Gentlemen....try this on for size:

Holy * !!!!!!!!   That is gonna be on the streets?????????

chimp koose

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sirstude

WOW.  As Hooley said "what a ride".  That is going to be a gas.  

Doug

btw, nice picture and description of the Buick and you being the builder in the new Rod and Custon.  page 33
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

wayne petty

incredible.

was testing going on just before the east coast earthquake.. ?????? thats earth shaking power...

john force look out..

jaybee

Holey moley!  I knew I was looking at something special watching the dyno run, but when it dropped some lines on the readout because the machine couldn't keep up...wow!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

There was one of those interview type articles with Steve Morris (he built Glen's engine).  Steve said one of the top questions he receives from customers is how to de-tune the power the engine makes
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

i would imagine that would be the case...

there was a piece of electronics that might help a few years back..

it was sort of a traction control device... that reduced timing slightly to limit the actual RPM increase curve..

this stopped the Oh so rapid RPM increase that blew the tires off..

i don't this second recall who made it...  it might have been MSD..   it might have been deddenbear..???

i think it came out back around 1999 to early 2002...  but it was probably in a hot rod magazine..

i hope this tidbit of memory helps someone..

i wonder if the dyno manufacturers have created a dyno.. that can duplicate the rear end of a race car on a drag strip...  so you could actually tune the ECM for  the loads needed at the drag strip...

with enough memory in the ecm.. a lot of differing programs could be loaded.. for different levels of traction and weather .. although the supercharger kinda eliminates the need for the weather tuning i would imagine..

Glen

Quote from: "Flipper"Holy #### !!!!!!!!   That is gonna be on the streets?????????

It will be registered and insured....how much can I drive it on the streets?  not much at all, but it will see a few cruise nights.

Wayne....That traction control is demonstrated here, awesome technology.

I cant wait to get the motor, then i can start planning my radiators and mounting the front end.

wayne petty

street driven... cool..

just curious..     streets are dirty...  planning some kind of air screen for the intake???  possibly a motorized version..  so you can rotate at your command.. a fine mesh screen...  some kind of filter media.. (dusty conditions) or a clear plastic or glass window for the few times you might open your hood...  so people can see the intake.. the clear plastic or glass window.. would also prevent the engine from being started.. as it cuts off the airflow totally.. a security device ... perhaps a 4th opening.. with no obstruction at all..   yes.. i know its complicated..

just some forward thinking..

i wonder if the davis device also uses an acceleration sensor in the data stream.. i will have to read some more on it....

Flipper

That monster would just suck the plastic window into the blower.

Glen

Quote from: "Flipper"That monster would just suck the plastic window into the blower.

while idling....your shirt tail....your pants leg....and anything else close.

tomslik

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "Flipper"That monster would just suck the plastic window into the blower.

while idling....your shirt tail....your pants leg....and anything else close.

hmmmm,panties?
it'd prolly suck the thong off crosley...;)

car's bad-*, maybe i'll see it in person someday...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

jaybee

That Davis Technologies stuff http://www.moretraction.com/index.htm  is pretty interesting, very sophisticated stuff and some of the modules are tiny.

About ten years ago in NASCAR the Penske South team of Ryan Newman was really on a tear.  They were rumored to have some kind of traction control because the car really leaped off the corners.  NASCAR claimed to have some kind of listening devices posted at the corner exits that were guaranteed to catch anyone cheating.  It led to the current dashboard configuration in which ignition boxes are required to be mounted on top of the dash where anyone changing rev limiter chips or otherwise manipulating the ignition boxes can be seen.

At the time I researched the subject a little and MSD had a box with settable limits on rpm gain.  This Davis Technologies stuff is way sophisticated by comparison.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Flipper

http://www.dragtraction.com/WC.htm

Wheelie control box

There is a guy in Australia that used one of these on a truely insane toyota corolla.  Turbocharged supra motor w/ 275 drag radials and he runs high sevens in a quarter w/ no wheelie bars.

Read the whole thread...its worth it!!!!!  wheelie control project starts on page 86 I think

http://www.performanceforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67219785&highlight=traction+control