1966 Nova Build

Started by Glen, May 24, 2010, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Super nice work Glen....  I know it has to be done but it sure is a shame to powder coat all of that work ... I think it will hide the workmanship or worse ...Make it "Blend" in with the rest of the area .. :(

At least WE saw it when it was "Shiney & Pretty" .... 8)
What are the round black things with the blue centers in photo # 8 ?? ( In the center of the middle panel)

Beautiful work ,as always .....

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Glen

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"What are the round black things with the blue centers in photo # 8 ?? ( In the center of the middle panel)

That is two an fittings, feed and return lines from the ice water tank to the intercooler.  The blue is painters tape to keep stuff clean :wink:

_Drewfus_

very impressive (as always), appreciate the update, great workmanship and design, that fitting is 'king' big.

so you're not going to have even a small (relatively) fuel surge tank up front?

Cheers,

Drewfus
\"Dear God,
help me be the MAN that my dog thinks I am.......\"

rumrumm

Once this Nova is done, I hope I get to see this car in person. Like everyone else, I have been marveling at your craftsmanship.  :)
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

Quote from: "rumrumm"Once this Nova is done, I hope I get to see this car in person. Like everyone else, I have been marveling at your craftsmanship.  :)

I was thinking maybe a ride :shock:
Glen you are going to have to quit showing us those panels that aren't perfect. :lol:  I've enjoyed your build.

Flipper

How much longer 'til you make a pass?  

I'm anxious to find out how freaking fast this beast actually is.  It looks REAL FAST!

Glen

Quote from: "_Drewfus_"so you're not going to have even a small (relatively) fuel surge tank up front?

Nope....no tank is necessary.

Quote from: "Flipper"How much longer 'til you make a pass?  

I dont know....after the motor gets here I can mount the front end, the radiator, make my headers and run the intercooling tubing.  Right now Im stuck until i get the motor.  And then the six month wait while its at the paint shop.  :roll:

I got this picture from Steve via email Friday:

32coupe

Here's a clip to get you motivated, enjoy

If you can\'t fix it with a hammer, you\'ve got an electrical problem

UGLY OLDS

Gee Glen ...After watching that video ....My question remaines the same .... :?

Being certified to 6.0 seconds ,
what happens after your first 5 second pass   :?:  

Do they make you take your toy & go home  :?:  :lol:

Bob ....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

kb426

I watched that video twice. I'd like to know the details. That would take around 2500hp. to do that. What kind of powerglide could take that power?
TEAM SMART

Glen

Quote from: "kb426"I watched that video twice. I'd like to know the details. That would take around 2500hp. to do that. What kind of powerglide could take that power?

I will let Tony answer that.....I have already spoke to the guys at Hughes
and they have a powerglide that will handle it no problem....although there is not a GM part in it.  Maybe we should just call it a two speed auto.

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"what happens after your first 5 second pass   :?:  

Do they make you take your toy & go home  :?:  :lol:

Bob ....... :wink:

Guaranteed, I will never be in that position.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "kb426"That would take around 2500hp. to do that. What kind of powerglide could take that power?

There are a few glides built to take that horsepower.

At Hughes Performance I build the ultra high Horsepower powerglides we call the XP4 Glide. We also offer  a XP5 Glide that has a lock up clutch inside the torque converter.

We rate the XP series of transmissions at 3500 hp

In the photos below , there is an OEM size glide shaft next to the XP4 input shaft.

In the one photo is the same type of trans case you see in the Aussie car video. The coating on the aluminum case in the photo  is black powder coating.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Glen

Ladies and Gentlemen....try this on for size:

34ford