What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayne petty

i was on another forum.. and found this link to german tools..

there is some stuff from harbor freight.. but there is some amazing tools in the automotive and puller sections..

i have not looked in the others yet..  so thats what i will be doing today.. drooling over tool catalogs...

i have trouble putting sockets in the socket drawer..its kinda full..

http://www.kstools.com/com/produkte.html

enjoy...

click the down arrow below the catalog thumbnails and it will download. hopefully..

kb426

That 174" story sounds horrible. About 10 years ago we had 56" and that wasn't much fun. When you know your snow blower better than anyone else, that isn't a good day in my world. About the rotary, I concur. Bad, horrible, loud, all the other adjectives. I have a vhs tape from Amarillo that has a rotary with a B&M blower and a jet car on it. The jet car caught on fire when starting it. The rotary was really bad. I haven't watched that in years. :)
TEAM SMART

bucketmouth

Heading home today for 2 weeks RnR and hopefully get the coupe finished and ready for licensing if all goes well.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

chimp koose

Spent the day working on my model T ,finally.I will work on it tomorrow and hopefully get the trans mount and center crossmember built.I have 8 plumb bobs hanging off the car ,looks kind of funny. One at each frame corner, one off each side of the balancer,one off each side of the trans yoke .Measuring to a chassis center line drawn on the floor.I used to have students make a plumb bob as a project, when they don't take them I can always find a use for them.

Arnold

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Just finished  "Road Testing" my snow blower around the drive way AGAIN ... :twisted:

I too am MORE than ready for spring ....

The impeller bearing let go back in the gearbox end ... Time for some more repairs ... Amazing .. Parts are still readily available for a 1976 machine .. 8)

Bob..... :wink:

I have not used my blower in almost a week :D  :D  :D
 It was pretty much a few hours a day for weeks on end. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

About an hr ago I pull in to get gas..my new to me vehicle..
  has a bad noise in  the engine NOW :cry:

Oh well..back to my back up vehicle..Police Suburban.. :evil:  :twisted:

WTF :?: is THAT NOISE? I shut it off and the noise continues..wtf?
  Fan?/(new vehicle has a built in air compressor :roll: )?

The guy ahead of me was REALLY messing with me

He had actually left his snow blower running in the back of his pickup.

Perhaps I should get some honorary Team Smart....
  I posted this with my laptop BEFORE I had actually gone home..I left the night before and stayed at my g/f.

Waist deep really dense windblown..
   3 hrs to clean that up
       :roll:

enjenjo

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Just finished  "Road Testing" my snow blower around the drive way AGAIN ... :twisted:

I too am MORE than ready for spring ....

The impeller bearing let go back in the gearbox end ... Time for some more repairs ... Amazing .. Parts are still readily available for a 1976 machine .. 8)

Bob..... :wink:

I have not used my blower in almost a week :D  :D  :D
 It was pretty much a few hours a day for weeks on end. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

About an hr ago I pull in to get gas..my new to me vehicle..
  has a bad noise in  the engine NOW :cry:

Oh well..back to my back up vehicle..Police Suburban.. :evil:  :twisted:

WTF :?: is THAT NOISE? I shut it off and the noise continues..wtf?
  Fan?/(new vehicle has a built in air compressor :roll: )?

The guy ahead of me was REALLY messing with me

He had actually left his snow blower running in the back of his pickup.

Reminds me of the time I came out of a gas station, walking to my truck.  A guy on the island calls out my name, and I turn towards him, and couldn't remember him at all.  He says something like "you don't remember me, do you?"  I finally say no.  He laughs, and points towards my license plate with my name on it. :lol:

While I was in Las Vegas, I went to Albertsons. As I was walking in, a guy walks up to me, grabbed my hand, started shaking it, and says "Hi Frank". I asked him if I knew him, and he said " no, my name is Darrel", and walked away. I was a bit confused, and it was only later I realized I was wearing work clothes, had my name on my shirt. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wvcab

Quote from: "phat rat"didn't have to bother using sun block here.  :lol:

around here we call "sun block" ,  "clouds".

Crosley.In.AZ

more yard work this weekend.  Cutting stones for the planters I've built.  Top row of stones, I want them to fit nice

Bought HF wet saw.. hope it cuts well.  Of course the included tools , only half fit the machine
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

purplepickup

Speaking of HF Chicom tools, I got the small belt/disk (4"/6") sander yesterday for $45 using a 25% coupon.  Put it together today and it seems to work well for now....we'll see how long.  

I also got an ultrasonic cleaner and cleaned up a very nasty rototiller carb.  So far HF has been a decent value for me on tools that don't get used much or precision isn't a factor. :roll:
George

enjenjo

I am rebuilding a T5, so I needed my parts washer. It was not working, the pump was running, but no solvent came out. The parts washer is over 30 years old, so I figured the pump was bad. Nope, the tank was empty! while I was gone, apparently the tank rusted a pinhole in the bottom, and let the solvent run out. I had another drum I had picked up, so I put that on and it's all fixed.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

ol wet saw worked well, a few adjustments to get the saw blade at a 90* angle ... cut 9 stones this afternoon. more tomorrow

Mounted saw on a Craftsman cart I had
Tony

chimp koose

Got busy on the model T this weekend. Engine /trans mounts tack welded in along with the centre brace/crossmember/running board mounts.

WZ JUNK

I got my Medicare card in the mail yesterday.  A pivotal day in anyone's life.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I got my Medicare card in the mail yesterday.  A pivotal day in anyone's life.

John

dont forget part A  and B
Tony

papastoyss

Quote from: "purplepickup"Speaking of HF Chicom tools, I got the small belt/disk (4"/6") sander yesterday for $45 using a 25% coupon.  Put it together today and it seems to work well for now....we'll see how long.  

I also got an ultrasonic cleaner and cleaned up a very nasty rototiller carb.  So far HF has been a decent value for me on tools that don't get used much or precision isn't a factor. :roll:
I have a similar sander in a Delta brand, it's as handy as a shirt pocket. I mostly use mine w/the belt in a upright position. That way the top works real good for cleaning up an inside radius on a bracket.On mine the back side of the belt support has gaps,this lets the belt flex enough to do an excellent job of deburring a sharp edge. You'll wonder how you got by without this tool if you do much fab work.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!