What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Quote from: "river1"What's a snowblower? 8)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  8)

later jim

The old joke if you want to move to where it's warm all year, just put a snowblower in the back of your truck and drive south till someone asks "What's that thing in the back of yer truck?"

UGLY OLDS

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That's my plan ............ :idea:  8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

wayne petty

not to break the flow..

but the olympics have started on NBC on late night for those who don't sleep at night..

and there is a link that might get you a streaming feed for those with high speed net connections..  

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/live-extra/

enjenjo

In St Louis tonight, Wee should be home tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

Home again, jigity jig. The neighbor called and asked me how stupid was I coming home now.

Crosley.In.AZ

Ran my Falcon at the new (old Firebird) Wild Horse Motorsports drag strip on saturday.  Best of 15.26  which is .09 from fastest the car has run @ 15.17

As it warmed up the car slowed down.  Guess I should have reduced jet sizes in carb a little.

Had to push the car off the trailer to jump start it from my truck.  I had the charger on the battery a few days ago.  Guess the Optima is giving up
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Sold old car parts at a swap meet in Grand Rapids, MI today. Less sellers and less buyers by a third than usual but I tripled last years results there.  Had a good time.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

58 Yeoman

Last evening, we got out the rug shampooer to do the living room rug.  The motor made about 1/2 revolution, then quit.  I thought I blew a breaker.  Nope.  The Hoover was dead.  I took it all apart this morning, thinking the switch was bad (it's the last thing to come out).  Nope...it was good.  I spun the motor with a long screw driver, looking for a bad spot on the commutator.  Nope.  I plugged it in and turned on the switch.  It made about a 1/2 revolution, then stopped.

I looked at the motor again, and found a 1/4" ball of fluff/dust had wedged in behind one of the motor brushes.  I pulled it out, and re-assembled the steamvac, and it works! :D

Of course, I still have three screws left; I thought I put them all back in.  Anyway, the machine did a fine job on the living room carpet.  One of these days, I'll take it apart again to see where those screws go. :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat46

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Last evening, we got out the rug shampooer to do the living room rug.  The motor made about 1/2 revolution, then quit.  I thought I blew a breaker.  Nope.  The Hoover was dead.  I took it all apart this morning, thinking the switch was bad (it's the last thing to come out).  Nope...it was good.  I spun the motor with a long screw driver, looking for a bad spot on the commutator.  Nope.  I plugged it in and turned on the switch.  It made about a 1/2 revolution, then stopped.

I looked at the motor again, and found a 1/4" ball of fluff/dust had wedged in behind one of the motor brushes.  I pulled it out, and re-assembled the steamvac, and it works! :D

Of course, I still have three screws left; I thought I put them all back in.  Anyway, the machine did a fine job on the living room carpet.  One of these days, I'll take it apart again to see where those screws go. :shock:

Good save, so many things end up out at the curb because of something so simple. The other day we were doing a job for a customer and the light bulbs on his ceiling fan wouldn't thread in because the sockets were just flopping around, he wanted us to replace it with a regular ceiling light so we did. I took the ceiling fan home, took the light part apart and rethreaded the sockets onto the threaded shaft where the wires come through, all fixed, it's going up in my spare bedroom.

enjenjo

I fixed the water pump in the house, it sprung a leak while we were gone. I tightened up a fitting, it's holding for now, but will have to be replaced soon. Then I replaced the fan control on the shop furnace to get that working again. Then I got the snow blower out and cleaned up some of the snow, before it starts snowing again.

58 Yeoman

I went to work.  Again.  Today.  Retirement could be this year.  I don't know if I will wait till I hit 40 years in November or not.  (Don't tell anyone...it's still a secret).
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

416Ford

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Sold old car parts at a swap meet in Grand Rapids, MI today. Less sellers and less buyers by a third than usual but I tripled last years results there.  Had a good time.

Was that the hot rod meet at the Delta Plex? I am still looking for info on that one...Maybe I can stop now.
You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.

phat rat

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"
Of course, I still have three screws left; I thought I put them all back in.    One of these days, I'll take it apart again to see where those screws go. :shock:

If you're like a lot of us by then you'll have forgotten where you put the screws :oops:  :P

Dave, it's not to late to go to the Delta Plex. Of course if anyone is there it'll be for something other than a car parts swap meet.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Uh, yup, that would have been the one.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

not much snow on the ground so I started on planter number 2 in front yard this afternoon.  Only 2 more to do.. this one and one at the corner of the yard.

Visited my mothers grave  this morning
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)