What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Finished up hanging the last three doors today of seven we hung for a gal. It was -8 degrees this morning, we got a couple small, one or two inch, snowfalls over the weekend. We have had just over six feet of snow this winter, with four to six inches forecast for tonight, which is quite a bit for this area. I like Winter, but I'm ready for Spring, maybe it will be warmer in China next week!

58 Yeoman

Went in for yet another skin cancer surgery today, beside my right eye.  This one was major, just over half dollar sized.  The finishing surgeon had to get creative with the closing up.  Still have at least two more on my head and one on my arm.  I've lost track with how many I've had on my head and neck... :shock:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Quote from: "phat46"Finished up hanging the last three doors today of seven we hung for a gal. It was -8 degrees this morning, we got a couple small, one or two inch, snowfalls over the weekend. We have had just over six feet of snow this winter, with four to six inches forecast for tonight, which is quite a bit for this area. I like Winter, but I'm ready for Spring, maybe it will be warmer in China next week!

Come over here. We've had, as of Sat, 114.1" and it's snowing to beat the band right now and headed your way. I past ready for spring
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "phat46"Finished up hanging the last three doors today of seven we hung for a gal. It was -8 degrees this morning, we got a couple small, one or two inch, snowfalls over the weekend. We have had just over six feet of snow this winter, with four to six inches forecast for tonight, which is quite a bit for this area. I like Winter, but I'm ready for Spring, maybe it will be warmer in China next week!

Come over here. We've had, as of Sat, 114.1" and it's snowing to beat the band right now and headed your way. I past ready for spring

No thanks, I see that on the news that nearly everyday it's snowing over there, where do you put it all? We usually don't get as much as many other places in the state, the lake (Huron) actually protects us some what.

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "phat rat"

No thanks, I see that on the news that nearly everyday it's snowing over there, where do you put it all? We usually don't get as much as many other places in the state, the lake (Huron) actually protects us some what.

It's snowing here right now, we are going to beat the all time record by midnight tonight.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

I looked it up and our record winter snowfall was 174" the winter of 81-82. I remember that winter I lived about 25 mi north of here and my kids had 3 days of school the month of Jan. The plows would just get the country roads clear and another storm would be forecast so rather than take a chance of the busses getting stuck taking the kids home they just canceled school another day.
here's a picture I just scanned. It shows a 6X6 Oskosh with V plow opening the road in front of my house the end of Jan. 82

phat rat

they had to send the Oskosh in to get this guy. He'd broke the rear spring shackles ramming the drift just before my house driveway

UGLY OLDS

Just finished  "Road Testing" my snow blower around the drive way AGAIN ... :twisted:

I too am MORE than ready for spring ....

The impeller bearing let go back in the gearbox end ... Time for some more repairs ... Amazing .. Parts are still readily available for a 1976 machine .. 8)

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Helped a neighbor plant a tree today. Made sure I had sun block and a wide brim hat to protect me from the sun. 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

didn't have to bother using sun block here.  :lol:

jaybee

Snowed several inches this morning, 43 degrees this afternoon.

That's just weird.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"I looked it up and our record winter snowfall was 174" the winter of 81-82. I remember that winter I lived about 25 mi north of here and my kids had 3 days of school the month of Jan. The plows would just get the country roads clear and another storm would be forecast so rather than take a chance of the busses getting stuck taking the kids home they just canceled school another day.
here's a picture I just scanned. It shows a 6X6 Oskosh with V plow opening the road in front of my house the end of Jan. 82

I remeber that winter well, the storms were like a freight train. My daughter and I dug caves and tunnels in the snow piles from my driveway and back walk.

Arnold

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Just finished  "Road Testing" my snow blower around the drive way AGAIN ... :twisted:

The impeller bearing let go back in the gearbox end ... Time for some more repairs ... Amazing .. Parts are still readily available for a 1976 machine .. 8)

I have not used my blower in almost a week :D  :D  :D
 It was pretty much a few hours a day for weeks on end. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

About an hr ago I pull in to get gas..my new to me vehicle..
  has a bad noise in  the engine NOW :cry:

Oh well..back to my back up vehicle..Police Suburban.. :evil:  :twisted:

WTF :?: is THAT NOISE? I shut it off and the noise continues..wtf?
  Fan?/(new vehicle has a built in air compressor :roll: )?

The guy ahead of me was REALLY messing with me

He had actually left his snow blower running in the back of his pickup.

58 Yeoman

Quote from: "Arnold"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Just finished  "Road Testing" my snow blower around the drive way AGAIN ... :twisted:

I have not used my blower in almost a week :D  :D  :D
 It was pretty much a few hours a day for weeks on end. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

About an hr ago I pull in to get gas..my new to me vehicle..
  has a bad noise in  the engine NOW :cry:

Oh well..back to my back up vehicle..Police Suburban.. :evil:  :twisted:

WTF :?: is THAT NOISE? I shut it off and the noise continues..wtf?
  Fan?/(new vehicle has a built in air compressor :roll: )?

The guy ahead of me was REALLY messing with me

He had actually left his snow blower running in the back of his pickup.

Reminds me of the time I came out of a gas station, walking to my truck.  A guy on the island calls out my name, and I turn towards him, and couldn't remember him at all.  He says something like "you don't remember me, do you?"  I finally say no.  He laughs, and points towards my license plate with my name on it. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

jaybee

Funny stuff. A few years ago I watched the Monterey Historic Races and there was a 4-rotor Mazda in the race that only ran briefly in its day. As it came up alongside a slower car with an in-car camera the driver heard the Mazda and backed clear out of it, thinking his own car was blowing up.

I was at a couple of Grand-Am series races when RX8s were still running. They are by far the loudest and most unpleasant things on the track, enough to make the jet driers shut down with embarrassment.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)