What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "papastoyss"WZ JUNK, are you using the threaded end of one screw against the hex head of the other & what size screws did you use? That is a neat idea, be flattered cuz I'm going to copy it!

I drilled the Phillips head making a countersunk hole to allow an area to push the metal into, with the blunt end of the other 1/4" X 20 screw.  You adjust the amount of push with the adjustment on the pliers.  You can adjust the two screw dies so that they engage correctly centered into each other.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

phat46

Greetings from Suzhou China. I've been here a week, I Think, the time change is a killer. We're 13 hrs ahead of my U.S.A. time. So far things have been hectic, the plant here is a real mess and communications, even with an interpreter is very difficult. We have to revamp the entire system here and of course the workers aren't crazy about changing things. The scenery here is fantastic, I seeing things I never thought I would see. I'll have to post pictures when I get home. Also the traffic here has to be experienced! Will be back in two weeks.

Rrumbler

Been busy chasing pre season softball practice for ten year old Granddaughter, Bella.  Season Opener tomorrow, and it started raining today; weather guessers are saying it is going to be raining tomorrow, too - I hope not.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

UGLY OLDS

Went to the World of Wheels show yesterday ... First indoor car show for Cathy & I in prolly  35 years ....( She has problems with noisy indoor places ) ..

Lots of neat cars ...Got lots of idea's for the "A"... ...    :idea:

Best of all ...Got to meet " Moose" ..... );b(

Bob ..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Recovering from having 3 teeth pulled and jawbone grafts.  Decay got under most of my 30-40 yr old crowns. :(    Prepping for implants.  Big bill :cry:

WZJUNK's tool sort of looks like one of the tools on my dentist's tray. :shock:
George

kb426

George, ouch on many counts!
TEAM SMART

sirstude

LOTS more snow!!!  At least 2 foot on the ground now, and not stopping. The wind is not helping either.

George, don't wish that for anyone.  I guess that is why the dentist is always talking about my crowns and taking care.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Mikej

Quote from: "phat46"Greetings from Suzhou China. I've been here a week, I Think, the time change is a killer. We're 13 hrs ahead of my U.S.A. time. So far things have been hectic, the plant here is a real mess and communications, even with an interpreter is very difficult. We have to revamp the entire system here and of course the workers aren't crazy about changing things. The scenery here is fantastic, I seeing things I never thought I would see. I'll have to post pictures when I get home. Also the traffic here has to be experienced! Will be back in two weeks.

Been wondering how you were doing over there. look forward to your picture and your thoughts on China.

enjenjo

Monday I assembled a Fox T5. At the end of the day, it would not shift into reverse. So yesterday, I pulled it all back down, examined every parts, exchanged the shift tower for a known good one, reassembled it, and it still won't shift into reverse. So today I did something else, so my nerves have a chance to settle.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, did you utter some 4 letter words? :) I know this is frustrating to us old guys. I bet tomorrow you find the reason.
TEAM SMART

jaybee

I've been experimenting with some sheet metal forming...simple hammer forming, forming flanges, bending some hat forms. Pretty basic stuff compared to what many of you are capable of but it's all in preparation for some upcoming work.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

wayne petty

phat46

Quote from: "wayne petty"shivvering for all the people who live where it's cold..

http://gcaptain.com/great-lakes-ice-cover-break-record/

I'm still on the other side of the Earth, but my buddy that sails on the Lakes e mailed me and said he was supposed to report to his ship on the 10th. I can't imagine why, the Lakes won't be open for shipping for weeks.. My brother lives right on the Lake Huron shoreline and it's been frozen all the way to Canada for about two months, the downriver area from us is expecting major flooding when the weather breaks!

wayne petty

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "wayne petty"shivvering for all the people who live where it's cold..

http://gcaptain.com/great-lakes-ice-cover-break-record/

I'm still on the other side of the Earth, but my buddy that sails on the Lakes e mailed me and said he was supposed to report to his ship on the 10th. I can't imagine why, the Lakes won't be open for shipping for weeks.. My brother lives right on the Lake Huron shoreline and it's been frozen all the way to Canada for about two months, the downriver area from us is expecting major flooding when the weather breaks!

i wonder if the next generation if polar rated ships are going to have self powered excavator arms on rails to allow them to move back and forth along the sides of the ship from the bow  and they tuck into a area near the stern.. this would allow ships to use them for loading items from docks and barges.  used like mobile davits..  but also to break ice away from the bow  and sides on their own..  could also be used to push away from other ships they are moored next to or docks..  

i cannot see a reason they would not have them..  other than they never thought about how handy they would be..  i wonder if i should place a call to cat engineering..

416Ford

You never have time to do it right the first time but you always have time to do it again.