What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

I spent all morning and most of the afternoon playing in the shop. Got a portion of my boxing plates trimmed and installed, then went to work mocking up the engine & trans. You can see the engine jig in action, it sure works slick!

I boxed the area for the engine mounts. The entire frame from the front crossmember to the mid crossmember will be boxed.

Engine fixture in place. I used a jackstand to hold up the rear of the trans.

Engine mount mock-ups. I'm using a set of "Welder Series" universal engine mounts, so they needed some trimming to fit. I used hardboard for templates.

Rad clearance should be fine, using a short water pump.

Engine in, althought the mounts still need to be welded...

And for those who claim my shop is too clean... :lol:

jaybee

That's a great idea!  Mounts are looking good, too.

I spent the entire weekend roofing on a side job.  Money was well worth it, but I'm sure sore tonight!
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Boyd Who

Thanks Jay!
The first time I ever tried roofing was last summer when I built my shop. By the time I was finished I realized why I'd normally pay someone else to do it!  :lol:

Tonight I quickly welded up the new mounts and removed the jig. I bet the Model A guys would love to have that much room around their engines!  :D

Boyd Who

This thread has gotten too quiet!

Today I welded in some boxing plates then set about mocking up the drivers side fenders. I'm quite pleased with things...the ride height out front will be killer!

Once the rest of the weight is on the suspension it should drop another inch or two. Love it!!

hotrodbob

For the first time in 4 years I'm logging back in. Life goes on and I have made a lot of changes. Just wanted to say HI and wish everyone a happy Turkey day
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Carnut

Heh, heh, ok, guess I'm just getting jealous of KB426 posting all the Honda CB pics, so I figured I'd post a couple of mine.

Now don't laugh, it's in pretty sad shape now but when I bought it brand new in 1974 it was a pretty cool ride. Rode it last semester in college and a couple years after college to work at Boeing Wichita. If anyone knows about Boeing Wichita Parking lots they'd know why I rode a bike to work exclusively. Besides back in 74 gas was scarce.

Anyhow I still have it in the back yard if KB426 needs another restoration project.

kb426

George, I might have a weak moment and show up with an empty pickup.
TEAM SMART

Danimal

Quote from: "kb426"George, I might have a weak moment and show up with an empty pickup.

I remember those days. I was a little kid and there was a dude with a super chopper painted purple. Hair in a long braided pony tail and a skull cap. He'd stop and talk to us kids about life. Made me want one then. Now, only to sport around!

Crosley.In.AZ

I've got a cast iron powerglide on the bench.  It's been near 30 yrs since I worked on one of these heavy turds.

I can guarantee  it will be the last one.  :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

papastoyss

Still in final assembly on my 40 coupe project. Had a minor malfunction & had to get Earl Schieb to repaint both front fenders. Working on fitting the hood now. 4days this weekend, gotta make some real progress. Have an interior appt.  Jan 1st, car runs & shifts gears on the rack but has yet to move under its own power.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Rrumbler

Had a pleasant evening yesterday, met Frank and his lovely Bride for dinner, it's always good to see them.

Getting started on Thanksgiving today; youngest son is hosting this year in their new home, so we are playing an ancillary role instead of being the epicenter for the day.  I'll go help (supervise, point, and tell) him hang a  couple of new light fixtures later on this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
Rrumbler - Older, grouchier, broken; but not completely dead, yet.

Crosley.In.AZ

got the cast iron glide half built ... with other stuff going on at work.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

whatcha dooin' with the anchor, cros?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

UGLY OLDS

I remember them well .... :roll:     Had a "chunk" of one in my leg after a case broke ..  :oops:
Long time ago ........ :?

bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****