What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "chimp koose"Do they just throw these things together or do they still do quality checks before the parts get sold?

unfortunately the rebuilders are rebuilding to a price point, usually a LOW price point. add to that the fact that most bearings sold in the US are not made in the US, you get a two alternator.

lucky for me i have a local alternator/starter rebuilder that has been in business for decades and they still care about quality

sorry you got bit

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

chimp koose

River... this was a new not rebuilt alternator. I bought new thinking I could avoid the rebuilder nightmare.Live and learn I guess.

river1

WOW new SHOULD have lasted longer then two hours

did you go with a different brand when you returned it?

i once has a new Bosch fuel pump last 6 miles, when i returned they offered replacement but i got my money back and bought a different brand at a different store.

hope you have better luck with the replacement

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

wayne petty

today.. i got a call and got a late start to the bank..   i guess you heard about the guy with the gun shooting up sunset and vine street..  thats only about 10 blocks from my house and was my first stop..  except i could not get there.. traffic was all backed up and people were driving crazy to get away from there...

where the guy was finally shot.. was right were i park to go to that bank..

you can see video on some channels taken from above.. one of the guys in the condo tower is actually a hero.. as he was leaning out his window yelling SHOOT ME.. SHOOT ME UP HERE.. trying to distract the guy from shooting more people in cars passing him in the street..

my wife came in later..  saying a guy had fallen into our trash can.. said somebody was chasing him..  was really freaked out..  he seemed to be on something..  perhaps the same stuff the guy with the gun was on..

he wanted to talk to the police.. so i called them for him.. left him talking to them..   this area is named wrong..  should be called hardly weird...

this is still not as bad as korea town a few miles south.. where i lived for many years..   my brother lived in a house thats rear faced an empty lot..  he had to put multiple layers of plywood  against the back inside wall of his bedroom to be able to feel safe.. seemed his bedroom wall was hit several times by stray shots..  i don't know how many shots were blocked by the 6 inches of plywood..

Crosley.In.AZ

boring day here compared to Wayne's place... visited a few stores for food and supplies.

Saw this ElCamino in the parking lot at Wally world. Nice looking.

Got to hang a new Micro Wave on the wall over the stove.  Old one keeps going wack-o
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tom36

Finished the hartz cloth top insert, installed the cut down van seat and went for the maiden road test.  all systems go.  Tom...

enjenjo

That came out real nice Tom.

We just got home from Vegas monday morning, The wife was sick, she picked up a sinus infection out there. Josh had his college graduation last night, Fatcat has his store open, Dave flew in to go to a Lions game, I have not been out in the shop yet since I got back.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I went to Wichita yesterday to see Brian Setzer. I thought it was fabulous. I took the 32. I think I get strange looks in the winter. Maybe people are unaware that you can install heaters in hot rods. The highest temp I saw today was 31.
TEAM SMART

hotrodbob

Recuperating from the Mooneyes Christmas Party, race & show today...
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Boyd Who

I spent a few hours today working on the transmission crossmember for the Essex. When it's done the ends will be boxed and molded into the frame.

WZ JUNK

I am rewiring a 1932 Ford tudor sedan.  A very nice car with bad wiring.  It came to me to have the steering column turn signal wiring fixed, a battery disconnect switch, and the horn connected.  When I started to work on the car I noticed so many other wiring problems and I could not stop. I will charge for the work the customer requested and eat the rest.  I can not charge for work he did not ask for but I can not let the car out of the shop with the wiring the way it was.  It should all wash out in the future though as he has some more work for me.

The funny thing about wiring is that this car was a driver when it entered the shop and it will be a driver when it leaves, after me working on it for a week.  There will be very little visible changes to the car but a whole lot of work.  I could see how a customer would wonder why he was charged for so much labor.  

I do think that in the future I will reach an agreement beforehand, that if I see something wrong, the customer can expect to pay for fixing the problem.  I am not complaining on this job, as this work was my own decision, and I did not have to do what I have done to his car.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

chimp koose

Boyd Who, nice progress! Was it you who was looking for essex doors a few months ago? I have heard of some near yorkton that sound like they are in nice shape.

Boyd Who

Thanks CK! Slowly but surely. I need to get some front hubs asap so I can get it up on 4 wheels again.
It wasn't me who was after some doors, but I can't recall who it was. I'll get back to you if I remember.

chimp koose

Fedex backed into my driveway today! christmas came early as my front axle showed up for the modelT. Bat wings should be here tomorrow!

junkyardjeff

Working on my 2wd full size bronco project,removed the transfer case tonight and will be pulling the trans tomorrow,its going to be replaced with a 2wd AOD. I switched the front suspension this summer and the trans swap is the only big thing left to do and then on to a couple little things on the motor.