What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Got crazy today and bought a 46 Ford convert project to resell
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "mrloboy"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Does anyone have a '30/31 that they can give me an average measurement for from the lower front edge of the fender well opening back to the center of the hole that goes through the wheel well and the Cee shaped panel below the lower trunk panel?

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie. I have an original unmolested '31 coupe in my garage. Not sure sure if I have the right measurements for you, but I will try. I measured from the front edge of the fender opening to the centre of the "crow-foot" body line at 17-3/4". I also measured from the front edge to the rear fender mounting boss as 33-7/16". This was on the drivers side. The passenger side was a 1/4" shorter on both measurements. If you need more info I can check further. Rick

Driver's side from lowest front edge of the body wheel well opening to the center rib is 18-1/4". From the same front location to the last hole center in the well which I assume is the fender and rear subframe hole. is right about 33-3/4". Plus 5/16" from yours if we are measuring the same is probably within Henry's tolerance band. Confirm how you measured again. The rear hole is about 3/4" from the rear bead around the opening. The passenger side is 33-1/4" for the same detail.

Sounds like I'm on the right track. I'm going to take the driver's side as the baseline and move from there until is looks"right".

I was helping a pal square up his '31 Cabriolet recently and found one quarter panel almost an inch shorter than the other. I'll try to get a measurement off his tomorrow to get a 3 car consensus.

Thanks Rick,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

kb426

I made a little progress on the Honda.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I have not seen one of those in years. Several years ago, I helped my grandson do a 1981 125 Elsinore. Parts are a bit dear for that model. I learned to ride on a 125 Harley back in the late 50s.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

I had a day of vacation. Little more progress.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

What is wacky ... a few weeks ago, I was in down town Phoenix headed to pick my wife up from work.  A Honda CB160 rolled up along side me at 7 avenue and Van Buren.  The bike looks a lot smaller than I remember
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

348tripower

5:30 AM here in Dexter Michigan.  Off to Georgetown Texas at 7 AM. We are delivering a 70 Torino and bring back a 39 Ford convert to finish street rodding. Friday thru Sunday we are going to the Nascar races. Garage passes and all.  :D
Don Colliau

Uncle Bob

Really like the bike kb.

We're headed to SEMA to wear out some shoe plastic for the next few days.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

Mikej

Going Home and get the car out. 65 degrees out today. Cold and wet tomorrow. 8)

sirstude

Been fairly busy the last few weeks.  I managed to get all the body parts jammed and bed lined for the Oldsmobile,  Put the Impala away for the winter and bring back the Olds so we can get the body jammed and then get it running.  I lost my storage for the Vicky, so it came to the garage too.  Pretty full in here now.  A friend of mine wants the ramjet out of the Vicky, and I have a rebuild 302 Ford located to drop back in.  The plan at this time, after the Olds is done of course, is satin black, the mild 302, auto, air, and not much interior.  I want a car that does not take so much time like the Impala does, and the Olds will take.  I don't car that the primer look will be out of phase when I get done, just building it for myself anyway.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Crosley.In.AZ

a little rust removal on some old knee action shocks... trying to get them to free up ( stuck)  via the electrolysis process.

PB Blaster and other rust stuff failed
Tony

Boyd Who

Bought a new daily driver/work truck. 2006 Chevy Avalanche LS 1500 Z71. VERY low mileage...55K kms (34K miles). I get to pick it up on Monday.

kb426

I recovered the seat and worked on my ebay pipe.
TEAM SMART

GPster

Spent 6 hours yesterday walking a "Performance" swap meet in Canton. I found what I wanted at the 10th vendor. The rest of the time I spent looking for a Nodular 9" center section and after market axels.The only axels I found other than a stock set were only 18" long. Most of the vendors were selling parts for "floaters" and any 9" center section that had the big N on it was stuffed with 4.88s or 5.13s. The housings mostly had floater ends on them or were "Quick Change" All the axels were splined on both ends. Did get a business card from some guy in Indiana that was a dealer of spherical rod ends. and he seemed to have all kinds of quality and prices. So I bombed out but spent a while doing it. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Bought a new daily driver/work truck. 2006 Chevy Avalanche LS 1500 Z71. VERY low mileage...55K kms (34K miles). I get to pick it up on Monday.

Kool.... my 2006 Silverado LT 1500 crewcab just turned over 33k miles two weeks ago.
Tony