What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

gotta try to fix the rope pull thing on my leaf blower... 7 yrs old and it takes a crap
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "Crosley"gotta try to fix the rope pull thing on my leaf blower... 7 yrs old and it takes a crap

What do you do with a leaf blower in Arizona?  :)

wvcab

Quote from: "phat46"
Quote from: "Crosley"gotta try to fix the rope pull thing on my leaf blower... 7 yrs old and it takes a crap

:ha)

Sand blower?  :-}

UGLY OLDS

Those  litttle stones can get out of hand ......... :roll:

Dust is prolly a real issue too........ :shock:

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "wvcab"

:ha)

Sand blower?  :-}

I understand you folks are waiting for "the season"  to arrive.

Sadly I already have run the lawn mower around twice this year.  Crappy job, gotta do it though.  

It costs 19 dollars a month to irrigate the yard too
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

kb426

I like what I see, Tony. I changed the oil in the wife's charger this morning.
( work than play) Then I went to work on my cafe racer project. I can spend as much time on a bike as it takes to build a hot rod. The temp got up to 91 degrees here today. Monday it is supposed to be a high of 46 and a low if 28.
TEAM SMART

Boyd Who

I took a small wire brush to the Essex rad shell shutters that I've had soaking in vinegar for the past 4 or 5 days. If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would have never believed how well that stuff works as a rust remover! Pics will be posted at some point.

chimp koose

Spent the day removing rocker studs from the heads for my anglia. I broke down and bought screw in studs instead of pinning the studs as I am putting in some rather hefty valve springs.Went to the mill and drilled 4 properly spaced holes for the studs 2-3/8 and 2-7/16 in a piece of 3/4 square bar. That way I could pull 2 studs on the 7/16 holes and tap them with the block in place as an alignment guide,then flip it around and use the new studs to locate the bar to do the other pair. I have 2 left to do,ran out of thread locker so I had to stop for the day.I also welded the body mounts onto the T frame this week and made 2 blocks from 3x2 tube to space the diff below the frame at ride height. Maverick 8" rear is perfect width. Model T will have to wait for a while as the students and I have to get back to the mini chopper project as it will be entered in a car show in 3 weeks as a work in progress.I hope to have the Anglia engine finished shortly . Then I will get back to re assembling the Anglia with the underside getting detailed .

Pete

I spent the day sanding and filling on an antique butcher block I am restoring..
Lotsa gluing left to do...
Arms are sore...Need wife to massage them and pour me another beer.
Pics later if there is any interest....after all, few people are interested in antiques......lol

phat rat

Quote from: "Pete"I spent the day sanding and filling on an antique butcher block I am restoring..
Lotsa gluing left to do...
Arms are sore...Need wife to massage them and pour me another beer.
Pics later if there is any interest....after all, few people are interested in antiques......lol

Post a pic.  Most of us here ARE antiques. :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Carnut

Heh, heh, Phat rat beat me to it.

Actually I just didn't have the courage to post it.

Boyd Who

Here's a couple of pictures from my Essex rad shell shutters de-rusting project.

What I started with...

I soaked them in a 1-part water & 2-parts white vinegar solution for 5 days and give them a light scrub with a wire brush. This is what they came out like...

I can't believe how well that worked! I'll straighten them up a bit more then shoot them flat black before installing them in my Chevy rad shell.

mrloboy

Al, That sure worked well and they will look great on your Essex.

If you would like them powdercoated instead of paint, I can get them done for you. We have stuff coated everyday and it is really cheap compared to paint and much more durable!

All you would have to do is get them to me. A fellow from town works at the Ford shop in Neepawa and I am sure he would drop them off for you.

Rick

Mikej

Last week I got a conversion for my flux welder. Practiced. This weekend I went to Harbor Freight. I now have a angle die grinder, body saw, self darkening weld helmet, clamps, welding cart and misc supplies. Organized the peg board for more tools. Put the welding cart together. Tried out the new helmet. I can't believe how much better that works. Took the Coupe out Sat. & Sunday. Almost 200 hundred miles on it this week. Its got almost 60,000 miles on it. Started to hook-up a switch so I can turn the radiator fan on manually. No wire connecters. Will finish next week. Service truck is in the shop. ( rear brake broke) The mechanic went out and took the drum off and bolted the wheel back on. Then drove it to town. No tow truck bill at least. Who would have thought?

Charlie Chops 1940

Got squat done car wise today. On the plus side I got my Federal and State tax returns e-filed. That was pretty easy once I got all the data into Turbo-tax. I was happy.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!