What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boyd Who

Thanks for the offer, Rick, but these are in pretty rough shape. Lots of pitting and pinholes. If I can get them straight enough to use they'll just get a few coats of Tremclad flat black. I'm just trying to make the Chevy shell look a little more like an Essex. Eventually I'd like to find a really nice Essex shell to use, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

Crosley.In.AZ

I went to a small nostalgia drag race today.

My buddys orange  Henry J runs much better now.  Still sorting the tune on the new engine.

The white Henry J has the  big block chevy from the Willys Aero car that Sam built a few years back
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I installed the bed on the AD truck today, fit like a glove. I also finished putting the cool mat in the cab, it took three rolls to do the cab.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

bought a tube notcher at Harboer Freight this morning... I had a 20% off coupon to use.
Tony

enjenjo

Quote from: "Boyd Who"Thanks for the offer, Rick, but these are in pretty rough shape. Lots of pitting and pinholes. If I can get them straight enough to use they'll just get a few coats of Tremclad flat black. I'm just trying to make the Chevy shell look a little more like an Essex. Eventually I'd like to find a really nice Essex shell to use, but it's not high on my list of priorities.

What you can do is have them epoxy powder coated. Then you can sand the epoxy to smooth them out, and have them powder coated again. It works pretty good.

enjenjo

This evening was Craigs list evening. Josh had a guy who wanted to trade a 96 Firebird for his 4 wheeler. So we loaded up the 4 wheeler and headed to Toledo.

The Firebird looked pretty good, nice red and black factory two tone paint job, chrome aluminum wheels. The interior needed some work, but nothing serious. The engine is a LT4 with AFR heads, aftermarket throttle body, nitrous, a cam, and headers. Six speed manual trans.

When we fired it up, it sounded good, no strange noises, no smoke, but the owner said it had an ignition problem after it warmed up. I felt that might be a problem with the cam being too radical for the programing, rather than ignition. We decided to take it for a drive, but I could not get it into gear with it running. The clutch was not releasing, it appeared to be a problem with the hydraulic throw out bearing. After getting it moving, the only gear I could find was third, may be from the clutch problem, but after a block or so, the engine quit. I tried to restart it, and nothing. No crank, no click, nothing. So Josh told him unless he could get it going right, he was going to pass.

So we came back home, only to get a message to call fatcat. He found a console I have been looking for on Craigs list at a great price. I called, he said to come on over, the address was within a mile of where the car we looked at was. So back into Toledo. The console was really nice, worth at least twice what I paid for it.

So one loss, and one win.

Crosley.In.AZ

working on a t-425 trans axle at work... along with other transmittins
Tony

Carps

I'm just thinkin about what we're gunna do on the weekend........

If yer in the 'hood, drop by and enjoy the party.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Must be boring there with a landmark of a burnt store. :shock:

Carps

It's OK, Flooded Bridge Road is the next street across and just around the corner is the world famous 'Pub With No Beer'.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Carps"It's OK, Flooded Bridge Road is the next street across and just around the corner is the world famous 'Pub With No Beer'.

Sounds like that area is right up your alley.

Boyd Who

I'm heading to a swap meet in Regina Saskatchewan tomorrow afternoon so I hauled all my junk home from my storage building to sort through.
This is some of what I'm taking...

chimp koose

Boyd who ,I just got home from regina tonight. We  were at a skills Canada contest. Is that one rad a model T unit?I didnt have a chance to get on the computer yesterday or we could have arranged to meet in Regina.If that rad shell is from a 26 27 T I may need it later on.

GPster

Do you have any idea what that second radiator sheel is for? It looks like it could be followed by a hood top with-out a center hinge. Just planning from the front. It could be the start of my single seat Indy like racer. Knowing what it fits would give me an idea what car "title" to look for. I'm getting close to finding enough parts to getting the '80 CJ7 back on it's wheels Because it already has plates and insurance I can test drive it around the block (it's not close to "Build Day" Toledo trips). It's getting time to push the JEEPSTER back in the garage so we can set-up the picnic table. GPster

kb426

I'm still working on the cafe racer project. The wind blew 60 mph. here most of the day. These pics are of the tail cowl I fabbed.
TEAM SMART