What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "kb426"I'm still working on the cafe racer project. The wind blew 60 mph. here most of the day. These pics are of the tail cowl I fabbed.
Put two wheels in the front and it will look like a Morgan Plus 3 clone. GPster

Crosley.In.AZ

bought this Mac to use and new monitor that uses HDMI connectors.  Darn clear - sharp image on the monitor.

Now to learn a new operating system and software
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

rog

Quote from: "Boyd Who"I'm heading to a swap meet in Regina Saskatchewan tomorrow afternoon so I hauled all my junk home from my storage building to sort through.
This is some of what I'm taking...

That's a nice tourer body!
i'll be starting a similar project build myself soon.. wishing i was starting with this body,  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

sold the VW Jetta in couple of hours on Craig's list...  gonna miss the 40+ mpg.

Now I need to buy a daily driver car.

Hyuandai , Toyota , Honda Goldwing?
Tony

enjenjo

Finished installing the carpet pad in the AD truck. fabricated an antenna mount, and a mount for the console. Installed the window switches in the console.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteHyuandai , Toyota , Honda Goldwing ?

Ride a horse.....Save a cowboy  :?:  :?:  :shock:  :lol:

Bob...... :wink
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"sold the VW Jetta in couple of hours on Craig's list...  gonna miss the 40+ mpg.

Now I need to buy a daily driver car.

Hyuandai , Toyota , Honda Goldwing?

I have been real happy with my Hyundai Vera Cruz. I have just under 40,000 in it and it has averaged 21 MPG with most drives less than 10 miles. On the highway it has given me 26-27 at 65-75 MPH. This seats 7 adults comfortably. They have several smaller versions called the Santa Fe and Tucson.  If I were buying another now I would get the Santa Fe. Seats 5 and has a 2.0L or 2.4L four cylinder giving 28 MPG in the city. They also have several coupes and sedans that I would consider buying.

Boyd Who

Quote from: "chimp koose"Boyd who ,I just got home from regina tonight. We  were at a skills Canada contest. Is that one rad a model T unit?I didnt have a chance to get on the computer yesterday or we could have arranged to meet in Regina.If that rad shell is from a 26 27 T I may need it later on.

That shell was from an earlier T, Chimp. It's too short for a '26-27. All four shells sold on Saturday. I sold about 85% of the stuff I took, but the touring body didn't sell. I'm disappointed and happy about that. I could use the $$ to put towards the Essex, but I really didn't want to sell it.

GPster...the second shell from the left is from a '27-9 Essex. They normally have vertical shutters in them but I took them out so I can adapt them to the Chevy shell my Essex uses.

kb426

I spent another day of the cafe racer. This is a pic of the tank after I cut it apart again. :lol:
TEAM SMART

WZ JUNK

I spent the whole weekend wiring on the 35 Ford.  The inside is done and the rear.  Tomorow I will be working on the wiper system some and then wire the front and the engine.  It takes me longer than most people because I solder everthing that I can.  I try to only use crimps on end terminals.  I have never had a solder connection fail.  This car uses more relays than most and that takes more time.  I think there were 7 relays to wire.  I do wiring by the job and not by the hour but I have kept track of my time and so far I have 32 hours in this one.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Boyd Who

Quote from: "rog"That's a nice tourer body!
i'll be starting a similar project build myself soon.. wishing i was starting with this body,  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks, rog! The body didn't sell so it will be put back into storage for now. It's not quite as nice as it looks...there's quite a bit of rust along the lower edges. However, it is one of the nicest ones I've found and it was the only decent one I could afford to buy. In a way I'm glad it didn't sell.

enjenjo

OBT was down yesterday, he picked up a motor home near here. Nice motorhome. We had a short visit, and he left to find some cheap gasoline.

I am just about done with the carpet in the AD truck, I had to figure a way to access the batery under the floor, and still have it look right. I think my solution will work. The rear fenders are on, the tail lights wired and ready to install. Finish up the fuel filler, and install the running boards, and it will be done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

built a 4l80e  for 1000 hp  big block chevy.. then worked on glide for 3000 hp nitrous 748 cid chevy motor door car.

I was told the door nitrous car pulled some 1.01 60 foot times in Vegas recently.  Purty dang quixk 60 foot times

friday... start  work on another t-425 transaxle.  This one is suppose to actually be out of one of those GM FWD motorhome.

geezzz , 2 different t-425 transaxles in 3 weeks.  I did not work on the t-425  that often  when the units were still on the road
Tony

chimp koose

helped put our display together for the draggins car show today. We are hoping to sell out of tickets for the mustang raffle.

Boyd Who

Here are the pictures I promised from my rad shell revamp. My goal was to make the '30 Chevy rad shell used on the truck look more like an Essex shell.

I used some scrap pieces to make the top and bottom mounts for the shutters. Once everything was in place I welded the shutters in the open position. When I bought the Essex it had some wire mesh for a screen and it looked like crap. The shutters aren't in perfect condition, but I think this looks quite a bit better than it did.

These two pics were from the mock-up stage before I welded the shutters in place. I got them sitting better before welding them.