What are you doing today?

Started by enjenjo, April 23, 2010, 04:57:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

Quote from: "Boyd Who"as long as the strippers in my shop come from a can, my wife doesn't seem to mind.  :lol:
I though that a nice can was part of the attraction. GPster

Boyd Who

Quote from: "GPster"I though that a nice can was part of the attraction. GPster
Why, yes! I think you would be correct, sir.  :lol:

I spent some more time out in the shop with my favorite stripper. I've got all the fenders done as well as the front splash pan. Splash aprons will be next, now that I got them separated from the front fenders. Thankfully they were brazed together and not welded, making it alot easier to get them apart.

I also blocked up the front tire to see where I want it to ride.

There was surprisingly little bondo on these fenders. It will be fairly easy to whip them back into shape for painting. :)

Carnut

After driving my Dodge Charger to an eye dr appt, I did what I do best.

I went cruising on a beautiful sun shiny day down streets and the main drag here 'Douglas' that I've been driving on for 40+ years now.

The old Charger still gets the stares and thumbs up.

Heh, heh, I was kinda wondering what the younger folks who are into the 20" Chrome weird spoke wheels and rubber band tires think of my old car with it's old 15" aluminum wheels and fat tires.

Do they even think of the Charger as an 'old car' or that it's actually modified a bit?

Oh well, it was good for my psyche.

Heh, heh, just think of all the valuable earths resources i was wasting for my own selfish purposes.

enjenjo

I fitted the AD truck tailgate. Why is it that all the parts that fit together so well three months ago neded to be modified to fit as well now?

After I was done with that, I repaired a quick mount for the bucket on a JD end loader, and assembled a FWD 5 speed transaxle.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

chimp koose

I started to work on my model t frame today ,or rather some of my students did. We sat down and figured out where holes needed to be drilled and planned out the build . The kids did all the drilling while I supervised.Next week we will probably start welding the frame rails to the crossmembers that my last batch of students helped to build. I hope to mount the body to the frame by the end of the school year.

rog

about to do a 250 mile roundabout trip, pick up a mates 52 dodge to go to his place, then pick up my 26 dodge rod project from his house, to come home to be worked on.. my first rod  build :D.. it's a full build  :shock:  scary but fun yay!

kb426

In the shop today making parts for the cafe racer. Cold and damp outside but still no rain this year.
TEAM SMART

58 Yeoman

QuoteI fitted the AD truck tailgate. Why is it that all the parts that fit together so well three months ago neded to be modified to fit as well now?

Same thing happened with the lift gate on the '58.  Same hinges, same lift gate, body never came off the frame...
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

I'm finally back out in the garage and getting back to work on the crew cab. Yes for those wondering the Hot Shot with button is gone, that was one of the first things I did. Still need the cane sometimes but most of the time I do fine without it. In fact been doing well enough without it that I've had to hunt for it a few times. I'd get busy doing something amd lean it against something then walk off forgetting to take it with me
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

WZ JUNK

I am making some one of a kind fiberglass parts for a new Bonneville car.   It is a 38 Chevy coupe with a blown and injected Cadillac flathead motor.  It will run in a Vintage Altered class and a Vintage Competition Coupe Class.  There are some post on the HAMB showing the construction to date.

My son is getting married this next Saturday.  I made his wedding ring which is a whole post in itself.  I took pictures of the process and I will post something on the Throne Room board someday.  It is the most important thing I have ever made and I really enjoyed the whole project.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

sirstude

Just got done with this years taxes, and am headed out to the garage to beat on the Olds door some more.  When I took it off the other day, I realized just how beat up it was in the inside bottom.  Got to get it straight enough that the door panels will fit.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

enjenjo

I  went to a metal shaping seminar at Ididit today. I saw Moose there too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Frank, how was the seminar? It looks to me like we're back alive again. Happy spring to everyone.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

Bought a Holley dbl pumper carb off craigs list today.

it is in nice shape
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

WZ JUNK , I made my wedding ring too. Over 21 years ago. Crosley, nice carb but look inside the fuel line ,that type are often quite restrictive to flow in the part where the gage is.